Latest post Wed, Mar 18 2009 7:43 PM by mvegas. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Wed, Mar 18 2009 7:24 PM

• kthom84
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, Sep 30 2008
    • Kansas City
    • Posts 11
    • Points 215

Media Management with Media Mover

Hi Everyone

I just started editing on Avid MC last August and I'm still trying to figure some things out in regards to Media Management.  I'm working on backing up a huge project and the MXF files attached to the project sequences are all very big.  Do I need to keep all the MXF files for a sequence or is there a way to narrow them down to just the ones I need?

Thanks!

Avid Media Composer 3.5 Avid Adrenaline HP xw8400 Workstation Intel Xeon CPU 3 GB of Ram [view my complete system specs]
    Filed under: , , , ,
  • Wed, Mar 18 2009 7:31 PM In reply to

Re: Media Management with Media Mover

You can highlight the sequence and choose: "select media relatives" from the bin menu. Then, launch the media tool for the current project only, highlight all options (master clips, pre-computes, media files) hit OK. Then in the media tool bin, choose "reverse selection" from the bin menu. The subsequent highlighted clips are source material and pre-computes NOT used in the sequence.

Newscutter Nitris DX 9.5.3.5 * Media Composer 5.5.3.6 (At Home on PC running XP Pro) * Symphony 6.5.2.1 (At home on MacBook Pro3,1 running 10.7.2) * Interplay... [view my complete system specs]

Larry Rubin

Senior Editor

The Pentagon Channel

www.pentagonchannel.mil

• Wed, Mar 18 2009 7:42 PM In reply to

Or duplicate your final sequence into a new bin and "Consolidate" the sequence with appropriate handle lengths. This will create you new clips of just the parts of the clips used in the timeline.

Then you can open your media tool and delete all files with a creation date earlier than you started consolidating.

• Wed, Mar 18 2009 7:43 PM In reply to

• mvegas
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Posts 1,555
    • Points 17,910

If you have more than one sequence, make sure you put the sequences into the same bin first before you perform the steps above or else you may lose clips used in one of the sequences but not the second

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller