Latest post Thu, Mar 12 2009 9:19 PM by Kenton.VanNatten. 10 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Wed, Mar 11 2009 11:48 AM

• elracador
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Aug 17 2006
    • Paris, France
    • Posts 72
    • Points 1,005

Resize Effect Problems

Hi!  Here's my problem

I have a project :  720x576 in Pal 25p. The original video was HDV (1920 x 1080) and it was converted with the I-link of my Sony Z1 while importing into AVID Media Composer 3.0.

When I try to resize a shot and I render it, the surface of the image becomes sinusoidal  like it was a problem of interlacing or deinterlacing but more waveform (in a visual sense).

If i resize it more or less the problems seems to be bigger or smaller but never totally desappear.

Does anyone knows what is that and how to fixe it?

Thanks.

Daniele

M.C.8.4 HACK PRO i7 4.7 Ghz, 16Gb Ram, Avid Editing Drive: 4 TB Raid 0 (2 discs internal) , Nvidia GT 640 2 Go OSX 10.9.5 (on 128Gb SSD) [view my complete system specs]
  • Wed, Mar 11 2009 12:37 PM In reply to

• luca.mg
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Roma - Italy
    • Posts 5,491
    • Points 64,420

Re: Resize Effect Problems

Many options here: check the Media creation settings to make sure You're not rendering at a low res compression; go to the Render settings and set Effects quality render using Highest quality; promote Your effect to 3D and click on HQ in the effect editor; use the console command setresizetype 9 (need to enter it everytime You relaunch MC; hope this helps.

Symphony 2018.9, BM Intensity Pro 4k, Windows 10, i7-5930K, 32 GB ram, Quadro K620 [view my complete system specs]

peace luca

• Wed, Mar 11 2009 12:42 PM In reply to

• luca.mg
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Roma - Italy
    • Posts 5,491
    • Points 64,420

You can also check the last post HERE.

Symphony 2018.9, BM Intensity Pro 4k, Windows 10, i7-5930K, 32 GB ram, Quadro K620 [view my complete system specs]

peace luca

• Thu, Mar 12 2009 9:53 AM In reply to

• elracador
    • Not Ranked
    • Paris, France
    • Posts 72
    • Points 1,005

I've checked avery single think you said: Render Settings on Highest Quality, 3D Effect on HQ, I've tried to rotate of one frame ( as in the link you gave me), I've tried the render option as Interpolated field,Duplicated field,Original Preference.

The problems seems to be worst then ever once all these things setted up.I got waves everywhere on my image.

I've started having this problem with the MC 3.0 Version. Never had it before with any version.

I really need someone to give the solution or I don't know waht to do. The problem is that I cannot resize and I have to (because of a micro in the upside of the shot).

Is there anyone out there with the solution.

I'm starting thinking that MC 3.0 has a bug...

Help!!

Thanks.

Daniele

M.C.8.4 HACK PRO i7 4.7 Ghz, 16Gb Ram, Avid Editing Drive: 4 TB Raid 0 (2 discs internal) , Nvidia GT 640 2 Go OSX 10.9.5 (on 128Gb SSD) [view my complete system specs]
    Filed under: , , , ,
  • Thu, Mar 12 2009 10:52 AM In reply to

Have you tried capturing the footage to an HDV or DNxHD project and resizing it there? Does the same problem happen?

"When I spent 60k on a discreet edit digisuite system 10 years ago someone came up to me to offer fcp 2, I said it was a scam too." -Ric

• Thu, Mar 12 2009 10:59 AM In reply to

Hi Daniele,

Can you take a screen shot and post it for us to see, or does it only happen on moving video?

good luck,
    Carl

Media Composer 2018.12.1 w/Symphony/SS/PF options, HP Envy 17t-j100 Quad Edition laptop, Windows 10 Pro, Intel Core i7 2.4GHz, 16 GB RAM, nVidia GeForce... [view my complete system specs]

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who only consider the price are this man's lawful prey."  - John Ruskin (1819-1900)

Carl Amoscato | Freelance Film & Video Editor | London, UK

• Thu, Mar 12 2009 4:15 PM In reply to

• elracador
    • Not Ranked
    • Paris, France
    • Posts 72
    • Points 1,005

Here a screen shot that I uploaded. In fact the screenshot is much more clean than if is on moving video. Much more. But it let you see what I mean.

You will find here the screen shot.

http://community.avid.com/members/elracador/files/default.aspx

• Thu, Mar 12 2009 6:57 PM In reply to

Hi,

Looks like an interlacing problem.  I don't have enough experience with progressive projects or HDV to say for sure what's going on.  Hopefully someone will chime in.

good luck,
    Carl

Media Composer 2018.12.1 w/Symphony/SS/PF options, HP Envy 17t-j100 Quad Edition laptop, Windows 10 Pro, Intel Core i7 2.4GHz, 16 GB RAM, nVidia GeForce... [view my complete system specs]

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who only consider the price are this man's lawful prey."  - John Ruskin (1819-1900)

Carl Amoscato | Freelance Film & Video Editor | London, UK

• Thu, Mar 12 2009 7:18 PM In reply to

I would try applying a Fluid Film timewarp Input interlace Output  progressive using 100% speed effect on a very short clip (still in its native HDV format) that displays the problem and see what improvement you get.

To the best of my knowledge version 3 was the first to allow interlace footage in progressive projects.

If I had your problem on a lot of clips I would complete my edit in a HDV format project. Do a mixdown of the pic locked sequence and edit that into a duplicate of your pic locked timeline. Then apply the interlace to progressive effect to the mixdown and take a night (or two) off as it renders. Check this sequence and if happy with it resize and export as whatever final format you want (720 25P?)

• Thu, Mar 12 2009 8:25 PM In reply to

• luca.mg
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Roma - Italy
    • Posts 5,491
    • Points 64,420

elracador:
    The problem is that I cannot resize and I have to (because of a micro in the upside of the shot).
    You're not resizing: You're cropping. Your screenshot really looks like You've interlacing artifacts anyway, none of my previous suggestions will fix that.

peace luca

• Thu, Mar 12 2009 9:19 PM In reply to

Wait a second....

elracador:
    The original video was HDV (1920 x 1080)

If you shot it on the Z1, then you're footage is interlaced, right?  (AFAIK, there is no 1080/25p setting in Sony equipment)

elracador:
    I have a project :  720x576 in Pal 25p

Your project is 25p. 

Why wouldn't you have just brought the footage into a 1080/50 project and then "flipped" to 25i?

MacPro dual 2.66GHz 6GB RAM nVIDIA GeForce 7300 GT Storage: 2TB G-Speed eS with controller card 3x1TB Hitachi SATA-II internals, various external FW/USB... [view my complete system specs]

Kenton VanNatten | Avid Editor (for hire)

"I am not obsessed... I'm detail-oriented"

Page 1 of 1 (11 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller