Latest post Fri, Apr 20 2012 6:33 PM by ode2fame. 8 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Sat, Feb 21 2009 2:57 AM

• J. Difool
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Nov 2 2006
    • Posts 17
    • Points 235

C for copy (withouth command/ctrl key)

Hello,

is there a way to perform copy simply by pressing C (without command key)?

I tryed mapping the command key over the C but it still doesn't work...

For me, it would be great to be able to copy and load the cliipboard on the source monitior with a single stroke.

I thought it should function by simply applying the modifiers Alt and Command to C on the keybord layout but it doesn't.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

JDf

P.S.: I'm working on MC 3.0.5, MacOS 10.5.5

Filed under: , , ,
  • Sat, Feb 21 2009 9:17 AM In reply to

Re: C for copy (withouth command/ctrl key)

Why not map "Copy-to-Clipboard" to the C-button then?

Media Composer /w Symphony option | PT-HD | Win7Pro64 HP | OSX MBP | ISIS5000 | Nitris DX | Artist Mix & Transport & Color | AJA T-Tap | Decklink... [view my complete system specs]
  • Sun, Feb 22 2009 4:20 PM In reply to

• J. Difool
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Nov 2 2006
    • Posts 17
    • Points 235

Sorry, my post was not so clear...

I do have "Copy-to-Clipboard" mapped to the "C" key. However, MC only performs "Copy-to-Clipboard" when I press Command-C, when I press C I only hear "clonk" and nothing hapens.

Is this a problem with a system setting or an Avid setting?

Are you able to copy to clipboard without pressing the auxiliary key (Command on Mac, Ctrl on PC)?

Thanks,

JDf

• Sun, Feb 22 2009 4:30 PM In reply to

I always use ALT-CMD-C, since I have remapped almost my entire KB, and C is something else on mine.

Media Composer /w Symphony option | PT-HD | Win7Pro64 HP | OSX MBP | ISIS5000 | Nitris DX | Artist Mix & Transport & Color | AJA T-Tap | Decklink... [view my complete system specs]
  • Sun, Feb 22 2009 5:22 PM In reply to

ALT+C is all that's needed to copy the Marked section into the Source monitor.  CMD is not needed. 

Also, ALT+X will Extract the section from the Timeline and place it in the Source monitor and ALT+Z will Lift the section from the Timeline and place it in the Source monitor.

MacPro dual 2.66GHz 6GB RAM nVIDIA GeForce 7300 GT Storage: 2TB G-Speed eS with controller card 3x1TB Hitachi SATA-II internals, various external FW/USB... [view my complete system specs]

Kenton VanNatten | Avid Editor (for hire)

"I am not obsessed... I'm detail-oriented"

• Sun, Feb 22 2009 6:02 PM In reply to

Kenton.VanNatten:
    ALT+C is all that's needed to copy the Marked section into the Source monitor.

Again: not if you have something different mapped to the C-key, as I do. ALT-C works with a default KB. ALT-CMD-C (ALT-CLTR-C) works on all KB settings.

• Sun, Feb 22 2009 6:05 PM In reply to

Job ter Burg:
    not if you have something different mapped to the C-key

oh?  I wasn't aware of that.

MacPro dual 2.66GHz 6GB RAM nVIDIA GeForce 7300 GT Storage: 2TB G-Speed eS with controller card 3x1TB Hitachi SATA-II internals, various external FW/USB... [view my complete system specs]

Kenton VanNatten | Avid Editor (for hire)

"I am not obsessed... I'm detail-oriented"

• Fri, Apr 20 2012 6:29 PM In reply to

• ode2fame
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Mon, Apr 9 2012
    • Posts 6
    • Points 60

I'm editing on Avid Media Composer 6 on a MAC.  When i do alt+c it only copies the audio to the clipboard...do you know what i'm doing wrong??

• Fri, Apr 20 2012 6:33 PM In reply to

• ode2fame
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Mon, Apr 9 2012
    • Posts 6
    • Points 60

Actually, what's weird is that when i switch from source/record and look it seems the video and audio did copy to clip board but you can hear the audio while video is frozen...being funky...

but when you copy to the clipboard black is in the source window and audio plays...

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller