Latest post Mon, Jan 9 2012 11:20 PM by rmcdonald321. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Mon, Jan 26 2009 4:15 PM

• michaelr
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Mon, Jan 26 2009
    • Posts 2
    • Points 40

Paperless Scripts via iNews

Hi...I'm just seeing if anyone has any suggestions.  We would like to eliminate the directors here printing out paper scripts for each newscast, and instead, have iNews viewable on a monitor in front of the production switcher.  I'm unsure on how to get thte iNews rundown to advance to each story within the show as to make this transition easy for the director.

Thank you!
    Mike

• Mon, Jan 26 2009 4:44 PM In reply to

Re: Paperless Scripts via iNews

AFAIK, there is no "auto advance" feature in the INEWS rundown, so it would have to be advanced manually by an AP or production assistant.

Newscutter Nitris DX 9.5.3.5 * Media Composer 5.5.3.6 (At Home on PC running XP Pro) * Symphony 6.5.2.1 (At home on MacBook Pro3,1 running 10.7.2) * Interplay... [view my complete system specs]

Larry Rubin

Senior Editor

The Pentagon Channel

www.pentagonchannel.mil

• Mon, Jan 26 2009 5:00 PM In reply to

• michaelr
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Mon, Jan 26 2009
    • Posts 2
    • Points 40

That's what I was wondering about....thank you!

• Thu, Feb 26 2009 1:24 PM In reply to

There is no iNEWS inbuilt function to do this. But it is not that complicated to develop a client that presents the contents of a rundown and advances to the next story in the rundown. This could be triggered by the GPI output of the vision mixer for example. If you need such a custom made solution feel free to contact me.

-- Sebastian Lorenz www.hmedia.de

• Mon, Jan 9 2012 11:20 PM In reply to

Ok, its a little late to reply, but check out rScript.  We use it in Houston and it works great.  We have seven $200 Android tablets running it.  Its very fast, skips blank pages, and is immune to flaky networks (unlike ipads running inews web access).

https://market.android.com/details?id=info.unexpecteddevelopment.rscript

Filed under:
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller