Latest post Fri, Jan 2 2009 9:32 PM by Marianna. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Fri, Jan 2 2009 5:51 AM

• Marianna
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Avid
    • Posts 10,214
    • Points 218,175
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

Paint more Paths with AvidFX

Here, as promised, is the follow up to the "Paint a Path with AvidFX" tutorial I did recently.

In this tutorial I only give you some food for further thought...... maybe the knowledge can make your life lighter at some stage in your future editing.

Regards,
    Douglas

Director of Online Communities and Forums/Customer Advocate [view my complete system specs]

marianna.montague@avid.com

mobile 813-493-6800

Twitter:  avidmarianna

Facebook: Marianna Montague

www.avidcustomerassociation.com   |  Connect 2019 | April 6-7 | Aria, Las Vegas, NV

WWLD

• Fri, Jan 2 2009 3:57 PM In reply to

• sam the sham
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Apple Valley, Ca
    • Posts 924
    • Points 11,790

Re: Paint more Paths with AvidFX

Douglas,

More good ideas:

I'm sure using Wacom Pad is a learning experience on it's own but so far do you find it better than mouse for drawings like your route?

MC 6.0.3.1 thank you very much, FCP X v.10.2.3, MAC Pro, 2 @ Intel Quad-Core Xeon 2.4 GHz,(Westmere),12gb 1066mhz DDR3 ram, ATI RadeonHD 5870 1GB. 3@ 1TB... [view my complete system specs]
  • Fri, Jan 2 2009 9:32 PM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Avid
    • Posts 10,214
    • Points 218,175
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

Re: Paint more Paths with AvidFX

I can only speak for myself in this case.

The Wacom Intuos Pad takes a bit of getting used to.

I started trying it in Photoshop and Corel Painter.
    At first I thought I would be using it only for painting effects, but I soon learned that it can speed up the actual navigation and operation of the programmes. I mean that you can use it instead of the keyboard.
    Once you get the hang of using it for both painting and keyboard things can speed up considerably.

For some jobs I use the mouse and keyboard for other I use the Wacom only.
    You can have all three available at anytime.

Drawing in AvidFX (Boris Red) is sometimes easier with the Wacom -  sometimes easier with the mouse.
    I think that each individual will have his/her own preference.

If you have a few yen over after Christmas and New Year and you have the patience to learn the way of operating it, then a Wacom Intuos Pad is, in my opinion, a good investment.

Regards,
    Douglas

PS. Make sure it is one of the models that has the set of programmable buttons on each side of the drawing area.

Director of Online Communities and Forums/Customer Advocate [view my complete system specs]

marianna.montague@avid.com

mobile 813-493-6800

Twitter:  avidmarianna

Facebook: Marianna Montague

www.avidcustomerassociation.com   |  Connect 2019 | April 6-7 | Aria, Las Vegas, NV

WWLD

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller