Latest post Fri, Aug 15 2008 2:35 PM by wsimonett. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Tue, Aug 12 2008 11:43 PM

• wsimonett
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Madison, MS
    • Posts 140
    • Points 1,550

MC 3.0/MAC Compatibility Issues

Well guys it's been awhile since I've been able to contribute but I wanted to add my own 2 cents to the latest MC releases. When 3.0 was first released I upgraded as usual. Not having the P2 import function working in 2.8 forced me to learn FCP very fast. 

I never went back to MC until today. (2 Months on FCP)  With MC 3.0 running on my Dual 2 GHZ MAC machine /with the analog  MOJO and 6 gigs of ram, MC 3.0 would not even play my old projects. When I attempted to import P2 files again, it again did not recognize the P2 drives for imports. I am receiving the same errors as many other people--for which there seems to be no one solution.

I've been a avid user for over 15 years and never remember ecountering so many issues with so many software updates. If a company is going to update it's software, which in turn makes my machine obsolete, then I have to begin to wonder who this company is concerned about?  Certainly not me, who paid $$$$$  for his MOJO and his software.

I don't see Avid issuing software updates that cause PC machines to become obsolete. This only seems to be an issue with Apple machines.

So, I'm back using MC 2.8 with no P2 import functionality. How long I will hold out, is any body's guess. 

I really have to wonder about  Avid's direction when they  eliminate a portion of their
    customer base through software upgrades.  Not very smart.

By the way, my software is about 7 months old :(

Bill

Dual 2 GHZ MAC.6 gig ram,3 gig hard drives, Avid w/ MOJO, FCP, Motion MBP Intel core 2 Duo,2.6 GHZ 4 gig ram, 17 inch Matte screen, Avid w/Mojo, &... [view my complete system specs]
  • Wed, Aug 13 2008 4:14 AM In reply to

• kmac
    • Not Ranked
    • Auckland New Zealand
    • Posts 113
    • Points 1,340

Re: MC 3.0/MAC Compatibility Issues

Hi,

This may not fix the P2 thing, but for general operability, I believe you need the MC 3.0.1 download, which is optimised for Power PC, ie G5s. We have a Dual 2 running MC 3.0.1 with SDI mojo pretty happily.

Also OS and QT versions are critical, must be OS-X 10.4.11 and QT7.4.5

Have a search on the download center

There's also a few threads here

http://community.avid.com/forums/t/60456.aspx

http://community.avid.com/forums/t/61637.aspx

cheers, kmac

iMac 27inch Retina 5k, 4GHz Intel Core i7, 32 GB Ram, AMD Radeon R9 M395X OSX 10.11.13 Media Composer 8.5.3 with Symphony, DaVinci Resolve 12.5 Blackmagic... [view my complete system specs]

Ninety thousand frames per hour

• Wed, Aug 13 2008 5:11 PM In reply to

• wsimonett
    • Not Ranked
    • Madison, MS
    • Posts 140
    • Points 1,550

Thanks Kmac,

I'll give it a try.

Dual 2 GHZ MAC.6 gig ram,3 gig hard drives, Avid w/ MOJO, FCP, Motion MBP Intel core 2 Duo,2.6 GHZ 4 gig ram, 17 inch Matte screen, Avid w/Mojo, &... [view my complete system specs]
  • Fri, Aug 15 2008 2:35 PM In reply to

• wsimonett
    • Not Ranked
    • Madison, MS
    • Posts 140
    • Points 1,550

Upgrdaded to 3.1 seems to running smoothly on the G5 Dual Ghz, 6 megs of ram, with mojo.
    P2 import also seems to be working now--whooop!  Big Smile  Had to purchase the new upgrade --oh well--
    The price of progress.  Now I can take my old 2.7 MC and put on a PC for back up.

Bill

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller