Latest post Wed, Nov 12 2008 1:16 AM by bee gee. 20 replies.
Page 1 of 2 (21 items) 1 2 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Thu, Jul 3 2008 3:42 PM

• andro
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Warsaw
    • Posts 91
    • Points 1,190

EDL MANAGER DON'T WORKT WITH MC3.0

I can create edl from sequence without problem.

But I can't create sequence from EDL.

When I click arrow from edl to editor after question about select the Project Type and Sourece audio tracks nothing happen(previous version ask select a bin).

When I try creaty omf I have next error Exception: std:: exception, what: Access violation - no RTTI data!

I try EDL Manager under XP and vista and have same result.

I have same problem at all avid with MC3.0

I use EDL Manager from 2.8.3 without any problem.

Any one have a same problem?

Avid MC 4.0.2 Vista 64 Adrenaline HD HP xw8400, FX 1500, 8GB ram. 2* Avid MC 3.1.2 Vista 64 Mojo SDI HP xw8400, FX 1500, 8GB ram Avid MC 3.0.5 XP... [view my complete system specs]
  • Thu, Aug 14 2008 2:42 PM In reply to

• John W.
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, Jul 10 2007
    • Posts 2
    • Points 20

Re: EDL MANAGER DON'T WORKT WITH MC3.0

Exactly the same problem here with MC3...

Avid is still selling Beta (Alpha?) quality software...

• Thu, Aug 14 2008 3:27 PM In reply to

• robg
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Fri, Nov 4 2005
    • Tewksbury, MA
    • Posts 494
    • Points 5,605
    • Avid Developer Moderator
      Avid Employee

We are seeing this problem here at Avid, too. We'll let you know when a fix is available.

- Rob

• Thu, Aug 14 2008 3:47 PM In reply to

Rob, with all due respect, but with this many issues with EDL manager (also remember the PAL transitions bug), IMHO this cannot wait for a regular release to be fixed.  Please consider releasing a download update for EDL Manager itself, without waiting for an entire release update of MC.

Andro,

Since you are from Warsaw I am supposing you are working in PAL. Do note that the EDL Managers that came with MC 2.x and 3.x all have issues where they misrepresent the transition times for 24p and 25p timelines. My solution was to use an EDL Manager I still had from AXP 4.8 (MC 1.8)

Media Composer /w Symphony option | PT-HD | Win7Pro64 HP | OSX MBP | ISIS5000 | Nitris DX | Artist Mix & Transport & Color | AJA T-Tap | Decklink... [view my complete system specs]
  • Thu, Aug 14 2008 7:11 PM In reply to

• Glans
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Sweden
    • Posts 639
    • Points 9,815

Job ter Burg:

Rob, with all due respect, but with this many issues with EDL manager (also remember the PAL transitions bug), IMHO this cannot wait for a regular release to be fixed.

Have you sent an email to Avid about this? The ones working on avid tech doesn't seem to read these forums... :/

* Intel core i7 (3,7 Ghz), 16gb RAM, GeForce GTX 580 3gb - workstation. * Macbook Pro Retina 15 (late 2013) 16gb Ram - Laptop * DeckLink Extreme3D with... [view my complete system specs]

64 bit, GPU acceleration, better AMA, better exports with GPU acceleration, better grading with true secondary and lift gamma gain, higher resolutions (4K, 5K etc.) and a video stream online (for directors being far away on the phone or skype).

That would blow ANY competition away and it will be future-proof MC for a long time.

• Thu, Aug 14 2008 7:41 PM In reply to

Well, the PAL bug was acknowledged, and I heard it was fixed or nearly fixed, but did not make it in time for the 3.0 release. The bug mentioned in this thread also seems acknowledged.

I trust sources that suggest these issues are being or have been addressed.

Media Composer /w Symphony option | PT-HD | Win7Pro64 HP | OSX MBP | ISIS5000 | Nitris DX | Artist Mix & Transport & Color | AJA T-Tap | Decklink... [view my complete system specs]
  • Wed, Oct 8 2008 5:49 PM In reply to

• Jeyrem
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Fri, Sep 19 2008
    • Posts 6
    • Points 60
    • Avid Customer Service
      Avid Employee

Hi People,

For your information, I've just tested it in 3.0.5 and both issues mentioned by Andro are now corrected.

This is solved.

With kind regards,

Jeremy

• Wed, Oct 8 2008 8:25 PM In reply to

• bee gee
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • UK
    • Posts 545
    • Points 6,530

Hi Jeremy - is the transition count bug that Job mentioned fixed too?

best

Bill

mc v7, isis unity, symphony, flame/smoke/lustre [view my complete system specs]
  • Wed, Oct 8 2008 9:04 PM In reply to

• Jeyrem
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Fri, Sep 19 2008
    • Posts 6
    • Points 60
    • Avid Customer Service
      Avid Employee

Hi Bill,

I'm really sorry I did not notice Job's bug report, and so didn't tested it in MC3.0.5.

Hey Avid folks, can anybody do the test please? I'm away from the office now for 10 days.

Thanks,

Jeremy

• Thu, Oct 9 2008 11:57 AM In reply to

• bee gee
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • UK
    • Posts 545
    • Points 6,530

Bump

• Sun, Oct 12 2008 8:00 PM In reply to

• bee gee
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • UK
    • Posts 545
    • Points 6,530

another bump 

• Sun, Oct 12 2008 8:07 PM In reply to

Beegee,

I haven't found the time to install and test, but the release notes seem to mention a fix of incorrect transition lengths in EDL Manager.

• Mon, Oct 13 2008 1:02 AM In reply to

• bee gee
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • UK
    • Posts 545
    • Points 6,530

'Previously, the duration of dissolves in an EDL might not have been accurate. This has been fixed'

I missed this in the readme - thanks, Job. Only one of our composers is running 3.0.5 and it's going flat out, so if you manage a look at your end, do post here. Will do likewise, as the read me seems a bit vague.

cheers

Bill

• Mon, Oct 13 2008 7:09 AM In reply to

Will do, but I'm not going to be able to do it before the end of this week.

• Mon, Oct 20 2008 5:10 AM In reply to

• bee gee
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • UK
    • Posts 545
    • Points 6,530

another bump

Page 1 of 2 (21 items) 1 2 Next >

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller