Latest post Wed, Jun 18 2008 7:59 PM by Larry Rubin. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Wed, Jun 18 2008 5:35 PM

Project Restoration

Hey everyone.  I feel I may have done something really stupid.  I had a single avid project saved outside of the regular AVID PROJECTS FOLDER (but on the same drive).  I decided to organize things better and move that individual project into the AVID PROJECTS FOLDER with everything else.  The moment I did so, my project became inaccessible and Avid doesn't read it anymore.  I was wondering if anyone can tell what I did and is there any way to restore the project?  Thank you all so much.

• Wed, Jun 18 2008 5:39 PM In reply to

Re: Project Restoration

Check you path as defined in the main select project window. If necessary, click on the browser icon and re-define the path to the projects folder.

Newscutter Nitris DX 9.5.3.5 * Media Composer 5.5.3.6 (At Home on PC running XP Pro) * Symphony 6.5.2.1 (At home on MacBook Pro3,1 running 10.7.2) * Interplay... [view my complete system specs]

Larry Rubin

Senior Editor

The Pentagon Channel

www.pentagonchannel.mil

• Wed, Jun 18 2008 5:54 PM In reply to

I tried that with no luck.  Avid doesn't recognize any of the files for that specific project.  Everything else I'm working on comes up.  It's as if when I moved that project into the big PROJECTS FOLDER all of the contents just vanished and the folder became corrupted.

Even when I check the properties the folder it says there are no contents and I cannot access it.

• Wed, Jun 18 2008 7:20 PM In reply to

Then it's time to find that project in the attic files and copy it's bins to your desktop, change the bin extensions to .avb, create a new project and use the open bins command to open the attic bins on your desktop inside the project and see if you can recover from that point.

Newscutter Nitris DX 9.5.3.5 * Media Composer 5.5.3.6 (At Home on PC running XP Pro) * Symphony 6.5.2.1 (At home on MacBook Pro3,1 running 10.7.2) * Interplay... [view my complete system specs]

Larry Rubin

Senior Editor

The Pentagon Channel

www.pentagonchannel.mil

• Wed, Jun 18 2008 7:49 PM In reply to

You, sir, have saved my life!  I cannot thank you enough!

• Wed, Jun 18 2008 7:59 PM In reply to

You're quite welcome. I'm glad that solved the problem for you. The attic is quite often a real lifesaver. Been there...done that!

Larry Rubin

Senior Editor

The Pentagon Channel

www.pentagonchannel.mil

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller