Latest post Sat, Mar 29 2008 5:57 PM by jamdivo. 8 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Sat, Mar 29 2008 6:20 AM

• jamdivo
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Posts 8
    • Points 80

HDV Playback issues

Hello everyone: I have done some research about this problem but I haven´t found any reference to it in the forums. I am running MC on a laptop for quite a while, for the first time I am working on a HDV project. I had some problems with deck control while capturing the media but playback was fine. As I kept having more material digitized, playback problems arouse, first skipping audio and video while playing and some crashing. This seemed memory a problem so I began freeing memory space: stoped some processes, halted startup programs, computer performace maintenance... The persisting problem which I haven´t been able to solve is that video seems to be stable during playback but audio is delayed and echoed. I am using an HP ZD8000 Laptop 2 gb ram 2.8 P4 external HD 7.200 rpm Every help is must welcome :) Cheers! Jorge Divo
  • Sat, Mar 29 2008 9:49 AM In reply to

Re: HDV Playback issues

Try moving some media to your internal drive to test out wether your external HD is fast enough for HDV...

MC 7.0 Symphony 7.0 Win 7 64bit 1 x XW 8600 quad 16gig ram 480gig SSD FX 5400 4 1tb 32 mb cache drives Pro tools 10 Avid fx Avid 3d Matrox... [view my complete system specs]
  • Sat, Mar 29 2008 10:17 AM In reply to

Hi Jorge,

What kind of audio & video cards do you have on the system?

good luck,
    Carl

Media Composer 2018.12.2 w/Symphony/SS/PF options, HP Envy 17t-j100 Quad Edition laptop, Windows 10 Pro, Intel Core i7 2.4GHz, 16 GB RAM, nVidia GeForce... [view my complete system specs]

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who only consider the price are this man's lawful prey."  - John Ruskin (1819-1900)

Carl Amoscato | Freelance Film & Video Editor | London, UK

• Sat, Mar 29 2008 2:41 PM In reply to

• jamdivo
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 8
    • Points 80

Hello, thanks for answering. Actually, I had all the media in the internal drive and moved ir to the external because of the playback issue. I agian did what you sugested, moved some clips to the internal drive and disconected the external, but still it does the same. I believe that ther should be some setting in the laptop that onflurnces this. Still am on the same spot, Thanks
  • Sat, Mar 29 2008 2:47 PM In reply to

• BLKDOG
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Lansing, MI
    • Posts 17,731
    • Points 226,380
    • Avid Employee
      Moderator: MCA Mac
      Moderator: MCA PC

Could you do us a favor and list the system specs for that laptop, Including the Audio and Video cards please?

Project Manager, Avid Professional Services - Americas [view my complete system specs]

In agreement, Unity. In Disagreement, Discussion. In all things, Charity.

• Sat, Mar 29 2008 3:09 PM In reply to

• jamdivo
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 8
    • Points 80

Hello, The audio card is altec lansing, I hag got no furhter specs. The vido card is ATI Mobility Radeon X600, 128 mb. I am still trying to workout what is going on for, as I sayd in the first post, at the beguining playback had no problems. Thanx
  • Sat, Mar 29 2008 3:37 PM In reply to

• jamdivo
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 8
    • Points 80

Ok, here is the update. I just switched the playback to half resolution and it is playing properly. This gives me some tranquility but leads me to believe that it is a memory issue. The media is still in the external drive. Any sugestions? Thanks
  • Sat, Mar 29 2008 5:49 PM In reply to

• jamdivo
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 8
    • Points 80

Hello Blkdog, the system specs: Brand: HP Product Line: Pavilion Notebook Operating System Compatibility: PC Operating System: Windows XP Home Processor Manufacturer: Intel Processor Type: Pentium 4 Processor Speed: 2.8 GHz Bus Speed: 800 MHz Level 2 Cache: 1 MB Hard Drive Capacity: 80 GB Installed Memory: 2 GB Maximum Supported RAM: 2048 MB Video Card Type: ATI Mobility Radeon X600 Video Card Memory: 128 MB Sound Card Type: Altec Lansing As I refered in my last post, I believe it is a memory issue because I can playback with no problem in low res. Though I will not need high res for editing, I will surely need it for D-Cut. Thank you for your help. Jorge
  • Sat, Mar 29 2008 5:57 PM In reply to

• jamdivo
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 8
    • Points 80

Re: HDV Playback issues - Last Update

After dealing with several processes, cleanups and system performance routines, I have managed to playback in all availabel resolutions with no visible problems. I will keep testing to hopefully have steady stable performance. Please, If you have more suggestions I will suerely appreciate them. I will post further results. Thank you all, Jorge
Page 1 of 1 (9 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller