Latest post Sun, Mar 23 2008 12:44 AM by Larry Rubin. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Sun, Mar 23 2008 12:05 AM

• FireBert85
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Sat, Mar 22 2008
    • Posts 4
    • Points 40

DISK_ACCESS_DENIED; SYS_ERROR, status 5

I apologize if there is already a similar post; I did search before posting this.

So I have a project completley on an external drive. For some reason, computers at work will not have this error when I start up the project. But my home computer will bring this up all the time.

I am working with P2 Card footage. I have been able to set up virtual P2 Cards via P2 Card Viewer software and it all can be seen on my computer. I have used the Media Tool in Avid to find the footage and create master clips in the bins I want to work with. I have even sync'd audio to many of them.  I cannot figure out why I would get this error. The only thing I can think of is that the drive letter at work shows the drive as E: and at home it shows as F:   Will I have to change it?

• Sun, Mar 23 2008 12:08 AM In reply to

• FireBert85
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Sat, Mar 22 2008
    • Posts 4
    • Points 40

Re: DISK_ACCESS_DENIED; SYS_ERROR, status 5

I just tried switching the drive letters from F: to E: (which is the one I know was the original drive letter given to the hard drive when I first formatted it and began working with it in Avid).

Still Need help.

• Sun, Mar 23 2008 12:44 AM In reply to

Re: DISK_ACCESS_DENIED; SYS_ERROR, status 5

This sounds very much like a permissions issue. Check out this information from the Avid Knowledge Center for details.

Newscutter Nitris DX 9.5.3.5 * Media Composer 5.5.3.6 (At Home on PC running XP Pro) * Symphony 6.5.2.1 (At home on MacBook Pro3,1 running 10.7.2) * Interplay... [view my complete system specs]

Larry Rubin

Senior Editor

The Pentagon Channel

www.pentagonchannel.mil

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller