Latest post Mon, Oct 17 2005 5:24 PM by FunkyDragon. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Sat, Oct 15 2005 1:51 AM

Bin Location in the Media Tool

Essentially a reverse lookup.  You locate a clip in the media tool but you can't use the find bin function because it points back to the media tool.  There is no header for bin in the media tool, so you can't find it that way.  What to do?  Open every bin to find the clip's location.  If there was a header for bin in the media tool the problem is solved.
    HP xw8000, dual 2.8 gHz Xeons, 2 gigs of RAM, Avid Xpress Pro 5.2, nVidia 980XGL, FW800 and FW400. [view my complete system specs]
  • Sat, Oct 15 2005 2:18 AM In reply to

Re: Bin Location in the Media Tool

great idea
    ®andall™
  • Mon, Oct 17 2005 7:44 AM In reply to

• erik1185
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • USA
    • Posts 1,060
    • Points 13,060

I second this.
    Late 2013 MacBook Pro, 2.4 GHz Intel Core i5, 8 GB RAM, Intel Iris 1536 MB Graphics [view my complete system specs]
  • Mon, Oct 17 2005 5:24 PM In reply to

Where i agree this may be a nifty feature, i have trouble seeing the logistics of how it would report what bin this clip is associated.  remember that clips will show up in at least 2 places.  one is the original bin the clip was captured to, and the other is the sequence bin, if that clip has been cut in. 

immagine you capture video, copy/duplicate to a bin to sync with audio, then cut that clip into a timeline, make 10 backup copies of the sequence, and so on... how would the media tool report that kind of info?

i think it may add a layer of confusion.  i'd rather open the media tool, find the clip i need and drag it to whatever bin might be handy for the time being, and leave it at that.

Media Composer 8.2 Dongle+Symphony Option Win7x64 Pro HP zBook 15" Laptop - 16GB RAM (2nd System) Media Composer 8.2 Dongle+Symphony Option - HP z420... [view my complete system specs]

The FunkyDragon 

Happy Editing!

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller