Latest post Sun, Oct 15 2023 11:18 AM by camoscato. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Sun, Oct 15 2023 10:49 AM

• Adrian Redmond
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Wed, May 28 2014
    • Channel 6 Television Denmark
    • Posts 291
    • Points 4,065

Taming trim mode

Is there any way to prevent MC from automatically invoking trim mode unless I consciously select it using the keyboard shortcut? I find it distracrting and timecoonsuming that trim mode is often engaged when I don't want it?

Similarly, is there a way to prevent MC from changing the selected top lay track - I often find that it has moved the selected to a lower layer (when editing effects or colour correction for example) when I really need the top lay - which could be captions - to judge what I am adjusting?

Can MC be tamed - just a little?

Avid Media Composer v. 8.5.3. with Symphony Option on HP Z820 Dual Intel E5-4650L 8-core HT 2.6GHz CPU with 256GB RAM (192GB available to OS), NVidia Quadro... [view my complete system specs]

Adrian Redmond
    Owner / Producer / Editor
    Channel 6 Television Denmark

• Sun, Oct 15 2023 11:18 AM In reply to

Re: Taming trim mode

Adrian Redmond:
    Is there any way to prevent MC from automatically invoking trim mode unless I consciously select it using the keyboard shortcut? I find it distracrting and timecoonsuming that trim mode is often engaged when I don't want it?

It's hard to say without knowing what you're doing that invokes trim mode.

Adrian Redmond:
    Similarly, is there a way to prevent MC from changing the selected top lay track - I often find that it has moved the selected to a lower layer (when editing effects or colour correction for example) when I really need the top lay - which could be captions - to judge what I am adjusting?

Do you mean the monitor icon in the timeline window? You can turn off auto monitoring in timeline settings.

Media Composer 2023.12 w/Symphony/SS/PF options, HP Z-Book G6 17", i7-9850H 2.60GHz, 32gb RAM, NVIDIA Quadro RTX 3000, Blackmagic UltraStudio Mini... [view my complete system specs]

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who only consider the price are this man's lawful prey."  - John Ruskin (1819-1900)

Carl Amoscato | Freelance Film & Video Editor | London, UK

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller