Latest post Thu, Jul 7 2022 6:50 AM by Jeroen van Eekeres. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Wed, Jul 6 2022 6:56 PM

• Larry Baker
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Jan 24 2008
    • Cleveland/Akron ,Ohio
    • Posts 75
    • Points 1,030

JVC AMA

I am trying to Link or import JVC Video

HD QT (H264)

1929-1080

60i (UHQ)

It will not link and if you import all you it goes through the process but the video is just as Green Screen audio is there.

This works on my Edius 7

I know this is an old Media Composer 6.5 but I own it and at 76 I do not need to go crazy.

It works fine and it has BCC and many other plugins.

Does anyone have any Idea.

I can convert it on my old sorenson squeeze to QT h264 6000kbps 1080 but the Timecode does not follow.

I remeber back when that you could change the timecode on a clip but can not recall how to do it that would even help.

Thank You

Dell XPS8700 :OS Windows 7 64bit : SP 1: 32.GB Ram: Intel Duo 2 E4600@ 2.4 Gz: NIVDIA GEFORCE GT635 [view my complete system specs]
  • Wed, Jul 6 2022 8:24 PM In reply to

Re: JVC AMA

Hi,

For masterclips, you can highlight in Bin and then from top menu select Clip >> Modify >> Set Timecode by Field with a few choices and boxes for #'s  

There's another option: you can go into Settings > General and type in your timecode in Default Starting TC, prior to import.

If your original TC was "time of day", you might make use of the Date timestamp on the camera files to get your imports in the ballpark.

Good luck, Leo.

I got no ideas to fix your green imports... maybe it is something to google.

-Telegram!

• Thu, Jul 7 2022 1:57 AM In reply to

• jwrl
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Melbourne, Australia
    • Posts 8,450
    • Points 98,435

Check out Shutter Encoder.  It will allow you to not only convert the media to an Avid friendly format, but you can also add/set timecode should you need to.  It will allow you to convert to DNxHD or to a range of other edit-friendly codecs.  There isn't much that you might want to do with a video file that you can't with SE.  And it is completely free.

I still have Squeeze, but I never use it since I acquired Shutter Encoder.

MC 7.0.4 - Asus P6T Deluxe V2 mobo - Intel i7 920 2.66GHz - Windows 7 Ult64 SP1 - nVidia Quadro FX 1800 - 16 Gbyte low latency DDR3 RAM - Internal 8 Tb... [view my complete system specs]
  • Thu, Jul 7 2022 6:50 AM In reply to

If you do not want to use outside of Media composer transcoders..

Check if the Drastic Mediareactor AMA plugin can Link to the files inside media composer.

https://www.drastic.tv/sales/mediareactor

From the old Apple Quadro 950 to HP Z8xx. My current own systems: 1x Z420 E5 1650 32GB memory quadro K2200, 1x XW8600, 2x 3.0Ghz Quadcore, 24GB memory... [view my complete system specs]

Jeroen van Eekeres 

Technical director, Broadcast support engineer, Avid ACSR.

Always have a backup of your projects....Always!!!! Yes Always!!!!

A.V.I.D....... Another Version In Development

www.mediaoffline.com

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller