Latest post Mon, Jul 11 2022 7:17 PM by AndrewWA. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Wed, Jul 6 2022 2:41 AM

• AndrewWA
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Jul 6 2022
    • Posts 4
    • Points 70

Removing Video Filler

I am looking for some help with removing Video filler in my timelines. My timelines range from 12 hours to 16 hours raw.

I know I can set an in and out range and extract the filler area as well as using the "T" tool to remove filler. Currently I am spending nearly 50 hours removing fillerspace using in top and tail as my main source to do so. 

What I am looking for is a way to remove all of it at once or as much as I can at one time. Does anyone have any ideas that will help me?

• Wed, Jul 6 2022 6:55 AM In reply to

Re: Removing Video Filler

Is this just on one video track like V9 on your screen grab?

You aren't trying to keep sync with audio or other tracks?

If so sub sequence just that drag to a new sequence in a fresh empty bin.

(or copy the whole sequence to an empty bin and delete a the other tracks.

Now in the bin fast menu chose set bin display and tick show reference clips.

You now have all the clips used in that track shown as a list. Copy those clips to a new bin. (remember to unstick the show reference clips in the first bin)

Now in you bin full of clips you can sort in whatever order you want and drag and drop into a new sequence to have a compacted timeline of just clips.

Should take under a minute. 

HP Z840 3.1GHZ 20cores 128GB RAM M4000 GPU 1TB NVMe drive HP Z book 17 G2 2.7GHZ Quad core 32GB RAM Nvidia K3100M 1TB SSD drive ACI Moderator. I'm... [view my complete system specs]

Broadcast & Post Production Consultant / Trainer  Avid Certified Instructor VET (Retired Early 2022)

Still offering training and support for: QC/QAR Training - Understanding Digital Media - Advanced Files * Compression - Avid Ingest - PSE fixing courses and more.

Mainly delivered remotely via zoom but onsite possible.

T 07581 201248 | E pat@vet-training.co.uk

• Wed, Jul 6 2022 12:39 PM In reply to

Not sure what the source of your timelines is that is creating these spread out clips but if it is from doing an autosequence on a bin full of clips then you can add the alt (option on mac) modifier to have autosequence create a compacted sequence without the timecode gaps. Probably not what you need but it's an option that's a bit hidden.

Andi

HP ZBook G6 15 2.6Ghz 6-core i7 9th Gen Nvidia Quadro T2000 4GB 64GB RAM Win 10 Pro MC Ultimate 2022.10 MacbookPro 15 2019 6 core 2.6GHz i9 32GB... [view my complete system specs]
  • Mon, Jul 11 2022 12:12 AM In reply to

• AndrewWA
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 4
    • Points 70

No this is not one video track. In the screen grab I have v9 oin but, it should be off. I am working off a created group clip (V1) that has been placed onto all of the audio in the timeline I am using. 

The teal color on the V1 track is the filler in my timeline. I am hoping to remove this in a much faster process. My audio tracks are very long as my team wears recorders for the entire day while we shoot. There are very few gaps in audio recorder tracks (A1 - A4).

• Mon, Jul 11 2022 8:35 AM In reply to

Isn't there an option when grouping to limit the clip to the video content? 

HP Z840 3.1GHZ 20cores 128GB RAM M4000 GPU 1TB NVMe drive HP Z book 17 G2 2.7GHZ Quad core 32GB RAM Nvidia K3100M 1TB SSD drive ACI Moderator. I'm... [view my complete system specs]

Broadcast & Post Production Consultant / Trainer  Avid Certified Instructor VET (Retired Early 2022)

Still offering training and support for: QC/QAR Training - Understanding Digital Media - Advanced Files * Compression - Avid Ingest - PSE fixing courses and more.

Mainly delivered remotely via zoom but onsite possible.

T 07581 201248 | E pat@vet-training.co.uk

• Mon, Jul 11 2022 7:17 PM In reply to

• AndrewWA
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 4
    • Points 70

No there is no option for me the only choice I get is to select bin to place created group.

My process:

Sync all cams and audio according to timecode. 

Then right click on hte composer window and select create group

then select bin I working in then select ok

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller