Latest post Mon, May 23 2022 7:36 AM by WaleedHamadah. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Tue, May 10 2022 7:29 AM

MediaCentral UX very slow in Video Playback

Hello everyone,

We are facing slowness in MediaCentral UX video p;ayback. The cache count is around 5,000 so I believe this is not a red flag, and I recently restarted our Media Indexer servers. Is there any other area to takle to diagnose?

Thanks.

• Thu, May 19 2022 5:34 AM In reply to

Re: MediaCentral UX very slow in Video Playback

Hi,

Yes, there are:

- First check if time and date are in sync. just type 'date'

- Check DNS configuration on the mediacentral server and entries for Interplay engines, Indexers, etc... on the DNS.

- Run: avid-system-check and have a look if you see anything weird.  

- Have you restarted your Nexis client after cleaning your cache? Perform:

Single: service avid-all restart

Cluster: crm resource restart AvidAllEverywhere

- Interplay engines can run out of TCP port resources which causes delays in both Access and Mediacentral eventually resulting in complete loss of connectivity. Make sure Nexis client on the Interplay engine is 2021.3.x. But I have not been able to exclude Mediacentral 100% from releasing connections if users do not correctly log out. It is supposed to be fixed but on one site with many users we still see occasional performance issues. If it happens we failover the Interplay enigne in a cluster (or restart the Interplay engine if it were a single engine).

- If you are using an HP or Dell server check through ILO or iDrac that all hardware is happy. Specifically memory, drives, raid controller and raid controller cache battery. 

Most of the MC/NC, Interplay, Nexis, ISIS, Unity stuff. [view my complete system specs]

Avid reseller ACSR at Telmaco

http://www.telmaco.gr/en/

• Sat, May 21 2022 8:44 AM In reply to

Hello,

Yes I did as you suggested. and ended up doing "crm resource restart AvidAllEverywhere". And the problem was fixed. I am not sure but I assume this has to do with our Media Indexer having an issue in the past. The Media Indexers were restarted before and they are performing properly but maybe I should have restarted the Mediacentral as well.

The curious thing while I was diagnosing the Mediacentral servers, the service "avid-acs-media-indexer-configuration" was stopped. I assumed this could be relative to the problem, but even after the restart it rermained stopped. 

• Sat, May 21 2022 12:07 PM In reply to

WaleedHamadah:
    I assume this has to do with our Media Indexer having an issue in the past.

That is correct. Avid never shared what exactly needs to 'reconnect' with an Nexis, Interplay engine and/or the media indexer when these had an issue and were restarted, but that this restart needs to be performed after loosing connection with either is true.

WaleedHamadah:
    avid-acs-media-indexer-configuration

I think you are misreading the service name here. It says avid-acs-media-index-configuration.

This an optional feature that gives you enhanced searching abilities in mediacentral. Not having it is very common and has nothing to do with your issue. (And if Avid would be a but more smart with product naming and consistency we would not have these confusions)

From the old Apple Quadro 950 to HP Z8xx. My current own systems: 1x Z420 E5 1650 32GB memory quadro K2200, 1x XW8600, 2x 3.0Ghz Quadcore, 24GB memory... [view my complete system specs]

Jeroen van Eekeres 

Technical director, Broadcast support engineer, Avid ACSR.

Always have a backup of your projects....Always!!!! Yes Always!!!!

A.V.I.D....... Another Version In Development

www.mediaoffline.com

• Mon, May 23 2022 7:36 AM In reply to

Jeroen van Eekeres:
    This an optional feature that gives you enhanced searching abilities in mediacentral. Not having it is very common and has nothing to do with your issue. (And if Avid would be a but more smart with product naming and consistency we would not have these confusions)

Yeah, agreed. This explains why this service is stopped regardless of having issues or not.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller