Latest post Thu, Dec 30 2021 6:28 PM by Adman. 7 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Tue, Dec 21 2021 11:50 PM

I cannot activate my MC. Maybe because of that "legendary Cloud Licensing"...

What's wrong? Yesterday I finished my work, switched off MC, switched off computer, and today (22.12.2021).......  WHAT????

Then:

Then:

and finally.....

• Wed, Dec 22 2021 5:23 AM In reply to

Re: I cannot activate my MC. Maybe because of that "legendary Cloud Licensing"...

The first thing I would try is deactivating and then reactivating your license. If that doesn't work, you should create a case on the MyAvid support portal and someone will get to you asap.

https://www.avid.com/US/support/support-contact  If you don't get anywhere with them, send an email to Chris Bové (chris.bove@avid.com).  He is Avid's customer advocate, and can help you.
    Media Composer 2022.12 w/Symphony/SS/PF options, HP Z-Book G6 17", i7-9850H 2.60GHz, 32gb RAM, NVIDIA Quadro RTX 3000, Blackmagic UltraStudio Mini... [view my complete system specs]

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who only consider the price are this man's lawful prey."  - John Ruskin (1819-1900)

Carl Amoscato | Freelance Film & Video Editor | London, UK

• Wed, Dec 22 2021 4:43 PM In reply to

Re: I cannot activate my MC. Maybe because of that "legendary Cloud Licensing"...

PROBLEM SOLVED! Quick reaction from Support (I had to delete few things from Library/Avid folders), and now MC works!Big Smile

• Mon, Dec 27 2021 10:32 PM In reply to

• Marcoos
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Mar 31 2010
    • Posts 12
    • Points 150

Congratulations that you solved your problem. I am hoping Support get back to me since I am having activation issues too. Good to hear that Support can help.

• Mon, Dec 27 2021 11:00 PM In reply to

mondrooteck:

PROBLEM SOLVED! Quick reaction from Support (I had to delete few things from Library/Avid folders), and now MC works!Big Smile

Hi,

I'm wondering if you could post your solution to help others on the forum, or anyone who might come across this thread in the future?

Editing Movie Magic.

My Equipment & System Specs

Media Composer Ultimate 2022.7 | Pro Tools Studio 2022.7 | Avid Play | Sibelius Artist 2022.7

• Tue, Dec 28 2021 10:03 PM In reply to

• Verne Mattson
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Sat, Nov 19 2011
    • Northern New Jersey
    • Posts 25
    • Points 305

I just reinstalled 2021.12 on my MacPro, and MC doesn't recognize my Symphony license, even though Avid Link says it's activated. I've submitted a case, hope I hear back.

2019 MacPro 16 core 96GB RAM [view my complete system specs]
  • Wed, Dec 29 2021 12:55 AM In reply to

• Ryan
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Sat, Oct 3 2015
    • Leebsurg VA
    • Posts 64
    • Points 875

should users not migrate avid data from another system to this new one?

multiple mac editors and windows systems [view my complete system specs]
  • Thu, Dec 30 2021 6:28 PM In reply to

• Adman
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Atlanta Georgia, USA
    • Posts 5,487
    • Points 62,205
    • BlogAuthor
      Moderator: Avid Free DV
      Moderator: Avid Xpress DV PC
      Moderator: Avid Xpress Studio
      Moderator: MCA PC

Amen to that! ...and thanks for reporting back that your problem was solved.

Mac Pro, Monterey, 64GB Ram. 1TB SSD system drive, 250Gb SSD external (media) drive. QHD Ultra wide, thunderbolt LG monitor, MC 2021.12 Pro Tools 2021... [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller