Latest post Mon, Dec 20 2021 1:16 AM by Scotious. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Thu, Dec 9 2021 1:22 AM

• Scotious
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Posts 50
    • Points 540

Bye bye NewBlue...

Have been a Newblue user for many years-- since Titler Pro 2. Always buggy but adequate support from Caleb (and others) have always gotten me thorugh.

Unfortunately I am stuck, for a variety of reasons, using AMC 8.4.6 on my iMac OS 10.12 (Sierra.) I think that's the last version of OS X that will support that version of AMC. It works and has served me well for years.

I have stuck with Titler Pro 4 until recently when, all of a sudden, all my NewBlue created titles disappear and revert to the default "Enter Text" title upon closing the Avid. I *can* save them and reimport them again, but this is just not a very affable workflow, ya know? Anyone else experience this or have suggestions? -- because tech support has not helped at all this time, sad to say.

It seems this has been a common issue, this in Vegas Pro however:  https://creativecow.net/forums/thread/losing-titles-in-new-blue-titler-pro-5/

After a long and arduous tech support ticket chain which involved all the ususal suggestions (sending pics of my app manager, reinstalling after trashing all remnants of Titler Pro, and other usual suggestions) I was finally offered a Titler Pro 6 update and serial nnumber. Nice, huh? 

Well-- same problem. Newly created titles disappear upon closing. After many emails and NO other tech suggestions here are NewBlue's parting words to me:

"I have sent a request to our developers to improve performance in AVID.  I will alert you when they have a solution for me."

Bye bye Newblue.

• Wed, Dec 15 2021 4:36 PM In reply to

• Adman
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Atlanta Georgia, USA
    • Posts 5,487
    • Points 62,205
    • BlogAuthor
      Moderator: Avid Free DV
      Moderator: Avid Xpress DV PC
      Moderator: Avid Xpress Studio
      Moderator: MCA PC

Re: Bye bye NewBlue...

What is the date of Newblue's "parting words?" Just curious.

Mac Pro, Monterey, 64GB Ram. 1TB SSD system drive, 250Gb SSD external (media) drive. QHD Ultra wide, thunderbolt LG monitor, MC 2021.12 Pro Tools 2021... [view my complete system specs]
  • Mon, Dec 20 2021 1:16 AM In reply to

• Scotious
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 50
    • Points 540

Re: Bye bye NewBlue...

I opened the support ticket Nov. 18, had 3 or 4 exchanges where "Naomi" offered the usual "throw all remnants of NewBlue out and reinstall" but nothing further than her parting words on Dec. 8. I've had numerous other bugs arise in my years with Titler Pro v. 1-4 and that was always their first strategy. I'm well versed in that procedure which involves trashing preferences, plug-ins and all vestiges...

I did follow that final reply with a brief email expressing disppointment and that I did not consider the case closed and got another response Dec. 15 (I did not get a case closed email, btw, it just felt like a final blow-off):

"I apologize if you received a case closed response as I have you listed to contact when our developers have worked on this.  It seems that the information and support I have provided is not helping so I have escalated your issues and am awaiting a response. Your ticket will be placed on hold until I receive a solution for you.

Kind Regards,

Naomi
    NewBlue"

I'm not holding my breath, but I was really disappointed there were ZERO other strategies or input from tech support. 

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller