Latest post Wed, Dec 1 2021 7:56 PM by Adman. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Tue, Nov 30 2021 5:26 PM

P-Tools Import Video - Please Bring Back Video Frame Rate Warning

The latest version of Pro-Tools autonmatically changes the session frame rate, to match the video frame rate of the video being imported.  It does this secretly without warning.  Sometimes clients accidentally send video files with the wrong frame rate.  Previously, Pro-Tools used to warn the user that the video frame rate did not match the session rate, asking if they wanted to continue.  Now it just imports the video and secretly changes the session rate without warning.  I work with audio files from all over the world so it's not uncommon to do a sample rate conversion for my source audio.  It was helpful when Pro-Tools warned the user of incompatible video, before changing the session frame rate.  Please bring this feature back.  Thank you.

• Wed, Dec 1 2021 7:56 PM In reply to

• Adman
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Atlanta Georgia, USA
    • Posts 5,487
    • Points 62,205
    • BlogAuthor
      Moderator: Avid Free DV
      Moderator: Avid Xpress DV PC
      Moderator: Avid Xpress Studio
      Moderator: MCA PC

Re: P-Tools Import Video - Please Bring Back Video Frame Rate Warning

Note: This is a duplicate post.

Nevertheless, as indicated on your other post, the Pro Tools forum is here.

https://duc.avid.com/

Mac Pro, Monterey, 64GB Ram. 1TB SSD system drive, 250Gb SSD external (media) drive. QHD Ultra wide, thunderbolt LG monitor, MC 2021.12 Pro Tools 2021... [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller