Latest post Sat, Aug 20 2022 4:34 AM by Agatha. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Thu, Sep 23 2021 12:21 PM

• browlciba
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Sep 23 2021
    • Posts 2
    • Points 40

Footage tagging (metadata) solution for AVID Nexis + Adobe Premiere?

Hi all, 

I run the video department of a professional sports team. We are currently set u VidMate p to keep all of our projects, footage, assets, exports, etc on a partitioned AVID Nexis system. We are an Adobe-based company, so there's no budget for Media Composer or anything of the like.

Right now, our biggest point of failure is finding footage quickly. Our sport has a lot of different athletes playing a lot of games in a short amount of time. Currently, we're simply naming Mobdro  the files one by one and putting them in folders based on athlete name.

Where I'd love to get to is to develop a workflow in which the footage is manually tagged upon dump (things like... player name, position, opponent, play result, jersey color, date, night game vs day game) and can be recalled in the future with any of those search terms. My guess is that AVID has a solution for this (potentially Interplay?) but I'm not very familiar with their platform or how well it works with Adobe.

For now, let's say that budget isn't an issue.

Happy to provide any more details that would help answer this question. Thank you so much!

• Wed, Sep 29 2021 2:07 PM In reply to

• BobRusso
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • New Jersey
    • Posts 2,415
    • Points 29,965
    • Avid Employee
      Moderator: Avid ISIS
      Moderator: Avid NEXIS PRO
      Moderator: Avid Storage Products

Re: Footage tagging (metadata) solution for AVID Nexis + Adobe Premiere?

There are a number of MAM systems that work with Adobe and NEXIS.

Arvato
    Evolphin
    Dalet
    Ipv

I'm going to guess that something like Axle will be closer to your budget.

To have footage auto tagged the MAM will need to integrate with an AI provider.
    Quantiphi is an example.

https://www.youtube.com/avidevangelistbob [view my complete system specs]

-- Bob Russo Post-Production Workflow Manager - NFL Films

Bob Russo on Expert Connections

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller