Latest post Fri, Mar 5 2021 4:09 PM by Jeroen van Eekeres. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Tue, Mar 2 2021 9:10 PM

• Doug Smith
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Dec 28 2017
    • Nashville, TN
    • Posts 13
    • Points 135

Telestream Vantage parameters for Media Composer import

If I want to create a Vantage workflow to export media in a compressed format that can be imported by (or linked to by) Media Composer...   What parameters would you all suggest?

I'm going to need a somewhat compressed format, as I'm going to be creating a LOT of media & need to keep storage space under control.  (a modest loss of quality to compression is not a problem)  I'm thinking H.264 but a quick test creates a file that MC says it doesn't understand.  

Thanks!

MC 2018.7 Win10 Pro x64 NEXIS 18.5 (17 editors) [view my complete system specs]
  • Thu, Mar 4 2021 9:58 AM In reply to

Re: Telestream Vantage parameters for Media Composer import

Hi Doug,

I assume you do not have the Avid Interplay option in Vantage and do not use interplay. If you did you would have the option to create proxy files. 

A question I have is if and how you plan to relink to the original media or if that is not needed and you will be delivering/exporting the same low res media to your client(s) (which could also be you). 

Another question is which raster dimensions will you be using for the media vantage creates, SD, HD 2K, 4K or something custom?

From the old Apple Quadro 950 to HP Z8xx. My current own systems: 1x Z420 E5 1650 32GB memory quadro K2200, 1x XW8600, 2x 3.0Ghz Quadcore, 24GB memory... [view my complete system specs]

Jeroen van Eekeres 

Technical director, Broadcast support engineer, Avid ACSR.

Always have a backup of your projects....Always!!!! Yes Always!!!!

A.V.I.D....... Another Version In Development

www.mediaoffline.com

• Thu, Mar 4 2021 4:55 PM In reply to

• Doug Smith
    • Not Ranked
    • Nashville, TN
    • Posts 13
    • Points 135

We do have Interplay & the Vantage option.   What I don't have is Vantage Transcode Pro Connect.   I may not be understanding the Telestream documentation, but the way I read it the Avid Asset Monitor option in Vantage allows Vantage to read the clips in Interplay and locate the associated media in NEXIS.  (and I'm able to make that work)  But I need the Transcode Pro to do any conversion.  That's not in the budget:(  

We do not plan to relink to the original media.  This is a news environment where extremely high quality is not important but the ability to keep media for a very long time is important.  It's perfectly acceptable to be importing a H.264 compressed file.  

Raster will be 1920x1080i29.97.  (USA HD)  

Thanks!

• Thu, Mar 4 2021 7:08 PM In reply to

• Doug Smith
    • Not Ranked
    • Nashville, TN
    • Posts 13
    • Points 135

Oh, we do have a working NEXIS client on the Vantage, with access to the necessary workspaces.

• Fri, Mar 5 2021 4:09 PM In reply to

Oh, not having transcode pro makes things a little complicated. I need to check what options you are missing.

From the old Apple Quadro 950 to HP Z8xx. My current own systems: 1x Z420 E5 1650 32GB memory quadro K2200, 1x XW8600, 2x 3.0Ghz Quadcore, 24GB memory... [view my complete system specs]

Jeroen van Eekeres 

Technical director, Broadcast support engineer, Avid ACSR.

Always have a backup of your projects....Always!!!! Yes Always!!!!

A.V.I.D....... Another Version In Development

www.mediaoffline.com

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller