Latest post Fri, May 17 2019 12:36 PM by Supermandan1. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Thu, May 16 2019 4:17 PM

where to send renders?

Hi,

I have a sequence that's ready to Export To File, and I'm choosing a QT Reference file (so as to export proper via Squeeze).  During the process the "Create Video Effect" occurs, and these renders automatically store to my C drive.  I would prefer to have these automatically store on an external drive.  How to instruct?

Thanks,

DC

Asus N55SF Notebook running Windows 10 Home Processor: Intel(R) Core (TM) i7-2670QM CPU @ 2.20GHz 2.20GHz Installed memory (RAM): 8.00 GB System type... [view my complete system specs]
  • Thu, May 16 2019 7:22 PM In reply to

Re: where to send renders?

Project window > settings tab > media creation setting 

This is where you control where your rendered effects go, as well as all the other types of media you create.

Media Composer 2018.12.5 w/Symphony/SS/PF options, HP Envy 17t-j100 Quad Edition laptop, Windows 10 Pro, Intel Core i7 2.4GHz, 16 GB RAM, nVidia GeForce... [view my complete system specs]

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who only consider the price are this man's lawful prey."  - John Ruskin (1819-1900)

Carl Amoscato | Freelance Film & Video Editor | London, UK

• Thu, May 16 2019 8:26 PM In reply to

Thanks.  I've just looked; there are 8 tabs, one specifically for render.  I'm looking to structure all work going forward so that everything is on an external hard drive (plus a back-up drive).  Does it therefore make sense, in your opinion, to go through all these tabs and change from 'C' to the new letter-drive?  What other things to bear in mind?

Asus N55SF Notebook running Windows 10 Home Processor: Intel(R) Core (TM) i7-2670QM CPU @ 2.20GHz 2.20GHz Installed memory (RAM): 8.00 GB System type... [view my complete system specs]
  • Thu, May 16 2019 8:59 PM In reply to

Supermandan1:
    Does it therefore make sense, in your opinion, to go through all these tabs and change from 'C' to the new letter-drive?

Yes. If you want you can just change the drive assignment on one tab and click "Apply to All" which should then set them all to your external drive.

Supermandan1:
    What other things to bear in mind?

Double-check the setting when you start a new project to make sure stuff is going where you want it to go. I think you can also save your Media Creation settings to Site Settings so they'll apply to new projects, but I've also seen reports of that not working correctly, so I don't bother. I just check at the beginning of a project and then don't worry about it.

If you want to prevent media going to the system's hard drive (assuming C is the system drive, and that you're running MC off the C drive), check the two boxes on the first tab that say "Filter Out System Drive" and "Filter Out Launch Drive".

Media Composer 2018.12.5 w/Symphony/SS/PF options, HP Envy 17t-j100 Quad Edition laptop, Windows 10 Pro, Intel Core i7 2.4GHz, 16 GB RAM, nVidia GeForce... [view my complete system specs]

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who only consider the price are this man's lawful prey."  - John Ruskin (1819-1900)

Carl Amoscato | Freelance Film & Video Editor | London, UK

• Thu, May 16 2019 9:27 PM In reply to

Thanks

• Fri, May 17 2019 12:36 PM In reply to

Hi Dave,

A sort of parallel question.  A while ago I did a project with lots of titles in MC's own Marquee Titler.  As settings were on default no doubt the MXF files saved in the C drive.  Neatening up everything, I moved all over to an external drive.  Now revisiting some of these old projects there is the sign in the timeline of "No Media".  How can I locate where the original MXF files are now preceisely, and how to re-point to these, thus putting everything back in working order?

Thanks,

D.

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller