Latest post Mon, May 6 2019 4:09 PM by camoscato. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Mon, May 6 2019 1:58 PM

• dkfilm89
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Sun, Sep 9 2018
    • Posts 5
    • Points 55

Closing a gap - while some clips stay fixed in the timeline

Hello everyone,

I like to close a gap, while some clips stay fixed in the timeline. For example in a broadcast workflow, some clips have to be at a certian point in the timeline, while I can move around my b-roll freely. So in my example the clip after the gap is an interview and has to stay there and those two clips before the gap I`d like to move to the right, while the first clip has to stay. How can I do this, exapt lassoing those two clips?

I+O and than extract would move the right clip.....

Thank you very much!

Filed under: ,
  • Mon, May 6 2019 4:09 PM In reply to

Re: Closing a gap - while some clips stay fixed in the timeline

1. Select the two clips you want to move using segment overwrite mode (red arrow)

2. Press and hold CTRL + ALT

3. Click & drag the two clips you selected in step one to the right

The two clips should snap to the edit next edit to the right

Media Composer 2018.12.5 w/Symphony/SS/PF options, HP Envy 17t-j100 Quad Edition laptop, Windows 10 Pro, Intel Core i7 2.4GHz, 16 GB RAM, nVidia GeForce... [view my complete system specs]

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who only consider the price are this man's lawful prey."  - John Ruskin (1819-1900)

Carl Amoscato | Freelance Film & Video Editor | London, UK

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller