Latest post Tue, May 7 2019 2:47 PM by Telegram!. 6 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Sat, May 4 2019 7:47 AM

• pjanna
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Mar 27 2019
    • Posts 17
    • Points 215

problems in making copies

Hi!

I have copied the whole Avid Media Files -folder and the whole project folder and bins (avp + avb) to another hard disk. But for some reason some of the material is offline. When I check columns and "drive- column" then there I can read that some of the material is still on the old hard disk. Why? I did copy everything at the same time and same way.

Thank you for help!

• Sat, May 4 2019 7:30 PM In reply to

• jef
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on Sun, Feb 26 2006
    • Maryland
    • Posts 3,427
    • Points 41,320

Re: problems in making copies

I have been in this place before.  The best I can offer is that you should find a folder / file compare program and determine if in fact everything DID get copied.  Then proceed from there.

Jef

Avid DS 11.0.2 R.I.P | MC "Well, it depends ..." mostly 8.10.0 but playing w 2018.11| OS 10.11.x - various MacPro Towers - home system MacPro... [view my complete system specs]

Jef Huey

Senior Editor

Old Stuff  http://vimeo.com/album/3037796

• Sun, May 5 2019 6:03 AM In reply to

Stuff that’s offline, even though you know you copied it, can indicate that there’s a duplicate of the same .mxf file somewhere online on your available drives. I’d set up the MediaTool to display ALL, sort by Duration or Name and Path and try to spot any duplicates. 

Windows7 Pro; HP 820z, 16GB ram; Composer Nitris DX, Squeeze v8.5 Pro _____ Windows10 Pro x64 Dell XPS 8930 Special Edition Tower i7-8700 3.2 Ghz; 32GB... [view my complete system specs]
  • Mon, May 6 2019 3:53 PM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Avid
    • Posts 10,268
    • Points 218,980
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

Telegram!:

Stuff that’s offline, even though you know you copied it, can indicate that there’s a duplicate of the same .mxf file somewhere online on your available drives. I’d set up the MediaTool to display ALL, sort by Duration or Name and Path and try to spot any duplicates. 

Spot on Telegram - I had this very thing happen to ME last week.  yes even I have issues sometimes......

Marianna

Director of Online Communities and Forums/Customer Advocate [view my complete system specs]

marianna.montague@avid.com

mobile 813-493-6800

Twitter:  avidmarianna

Facebook: Marianna Montague

www.avidcustomerassociation.com   |  Connect 2019 | April 6-7 | Aria, Las Vegas, NV

WWLD

• Mon, May 6 2019 8:42 PM In reply to

Marianna:

Spot on Telegram - I had this very thing happen to ME last week.  yes even I have issues sometimes......

Marianna

That’s hilarious! So we are all guilty of (sometimes) dis-obeying Avid MC’s official, fool-proof, procedure for copying Media Files into a Project from an external drive!  I love it... 

Windows7 Pro; HP 820z, 16GB ram; Composer Nitris DX, Squeeze v8.5 Pro _____ Windows10 Pro x64 Dell XPS 8930 Special Edition Tower i7-8700 3.2 Ghz; 32GB... [view my complete system specs]
  • Tue, May 7 2019 9:05 AM In reply to

• pjanna
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Mar 27 2019
    • Posts 17
    • Points 215

Thank you! If I don´t find the dublicate of the MXF -file then should I just "batch re-import" the material?

Also, there are some files that are not copied even though I´m sure about that there is no duplicate anywhere.

And then there are also some sounds that are offline.

• Tue, May 7 2019 2:47 PM In reply to

pjanna:

Thank you! If I don´t find the dublicate of the MXF -file then should I just "batch re-import" the material?

Also, there are some files that are not copied even though I´m sure about that there is no duplicate anywhere.

And then there are also some sounds that are offline.

you’re welcome. I’m too busy now to help out with the follow-ups, maybe someone else can jump in. I think you may need official MC tech support ticket if that’s available— are you on MC First or MC? Are you transferring MC First to MC? That might have something to do with it, (or other things). good luck with it, yes I would try the Batch Import, but do one clip to start. 

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller