Latest post Fri, May 3 2019 3:00 PM by Telegram!. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Fri, May 3 2019 11:22 AM

Go To Previous/Next edit + single/dual roller edit

Hi,

Pressing A or S gets you to the previous/next edit.  However, at least in my present situation, it is only skipping to the video track's previous/next edit, but if both video & audio are edited together, pressing S skips to the end of the sequence. 

Also, while I'm here, what's the general rule regarding single/dual roller editing?  I have a sequence laid out, and now moving along and tightening up.  However, it feels easier to dual roller all the time, trim each side appropriately, then move onto the next edit; but this seems to be pulling the subsequent edits, with their video & audio track footage, into weird un-cordinated contortions.  In other words, I maybe not utilising the two functions correctly.  In short, how to make finite trims and everything subsequent is kept in check, each edit then awaiting its turn to be finely adjusted?

Please advise,

DC

Asus N55SF Notebook running Windows 10 Home Processor: Intel(R) Core (TM) i7-2670QM CPU @ 2.20GHz 2.20GHz Installed memory (RAM): 8.00 GB System type... [view my complete system specs]
  • Fri, May 3 2019 3:00 PM In reply to

Re: Go To Previous/Next edit + single/dual roller edit

Supermandan1:

Also, while I'm here, what's the general rule regarding single/dual roller editing?  I have a sequence laid out, and now moving along and tightening up.  However, it feels easier to dual roller all the time, trim each side appropriately, then move onto the next edit; but this seems to be pulling the subsequent edits, with their video & audio track footage, into weird un-cordinated contortions.  In other words, I maybe not utilising the two functions correctly.  In short, how to make finite trims and everything subsequent is kept in check, each edit then awaiting its turn to be finely adjusted?

Please advise,

DC

Trimming results are closely related to the ON or OFF status of the Track Panel's "Sync Locks". (Maybe you are new to MC?)  If so, I suggest you step back a little, make a COPY of your sequence and do some of the same trims with and without the "Sync locks" ALL ON or ALL OFF to note the difference. You will eventually get your groove...

Windows7 Pro; HP 820z, 16GB ram; Composer Nitris DX, Squeeze v8.5 Pro _____ Windows10 Pro x64 Dell XPS 8930 Special Edition Tower i7-8700 3.2 Ghz; 32GB... [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller