Latest post Tue, Apr 9 2019 10:22 AM by Pat Horridge. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Mon, Apr 8 2019 6:47 PM

Recovering back-ups from Sequences

Hi,

I have accidentally deleted the wrong MXF files & sequences, and when reloading what I believe is the correct sequence found that "Media Offline" showed up.  When plugging in my back-up drive Avid instantly found the correct files.  So, all good.  However, when r-clicking "reveal file" on the sequence a prompt comes up that this does not work on sequences.  Ok.  But how to discover the correct MXF file in the back-up, so as to c&p this into my normal drive?  Attempting a process of deduction looks far more wary than it should seem.

Thanks,

DC

Asus N55SF Notebook running Windows 10 Home Processor: Intel(R) Core (TM) i7-2670QM CPU @ 2.20GHz 2.20GHz Installed memory (RAM): 8.00 GB System type... [view my complete system specs]
  • Mon, Apr 8 2019 8:12 PM In reply to

Re: Recovering back-ups from Sequences

Hi,

On the bin with your sequence(s) in it, choose Set Bin Display from the bin fast menu. In the Set Bin Display box that comes up, check "Show reference clips" at the bottom, leave everything else set to whatever it is already, and click OK.

Now you should see all the clips that make up the sequences in your bin. You can click on them and reveal file to see the MXFs.

Media Composer 2018.12.5 w/Symphony/SS/PF options, HP Envy 17t-j100 Quad Edition laptop, Windows 10 Pro, Intel Core i7 2.4GHz, 16 GB RAM, nVidia GeForce... [view my complete system specs]

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who only consider the price are this man's lawful prey."  - John Ruskin (1819-1900)

Carl Amoscato | Freelance Film & Video Editor | London, UK

• Tue, Apr 9 2019 3:30 AM In reply to

Brilliant, thanks.

D.

Asus N55SF Notebook running Windows 10 Home Processor: Intel(R) Core (TM) i7-2670QM CPU @ 2.20GHz 2.20GHz Installed memory (RAM): 8.00 GB System type... [view my complete system specs]
  • Tue, Apr 9 2019 10:22 AM In reply to

2 other options.

Consolidate the sequence to a new location to make copies of all the files unsed in the sequence.

And or

Mixdown to a finishing codec and save the mixdowns for a same as source flatterned backup.

ACI Moderator. I'm not employed by Avid or work for them. I just do this in my spare time. Normally using the current Media Composer version on My... [view my complete system specs]

Broadcast & Post Production Consultant / Trainer  VET

T 07581 201248 | E pat@vet.co.uk | W www.vet.co.uk |

Media Composer V8.2 Review Background Render

-

Follow me on Twitter Pat_H_VET

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller