Latest post Fri, Apr 5 2019 8:54 PM by jed cahill. 0 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (1 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Fri, Apr 5 2019 8:54 PM

• jed cahill
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, May 10 2011
    • Australia
    • Posts 43
    • Points 565

Linking clips from bins to tracks in timeline

Hi all I am not sure this can be done but... is there a way you can designate a track in the timeline to a clip in the bin? That way when you select the clip in the bin your insert option in the timeline automatically highlights and aligns the tracks you have assigned to that clip? 

I have four audio clips per webisode from four different characters recorded at different times and they are to be cut into the timeline as though they are interacting with each other. Each recording runs for around 6mins, and I intercut each at an average of 15seconds. I have the first two audio tracks for Lil (named and coloured pink), the second two for Boo (named and coloured green), and so on and so on.

I am currently working in toggle view for the bin, 3 points editing the section I want, moving the clips to the associated tracks for the timeline, and putting them in. If I could automate 'the selecting which track the clip is going to because each clip is assigned a track' that would be amazing.  

http://community.avid.com/forums/p/196834/880871.aspx#880871 here is a link the original thread I was sugested to post it here 

AMD Ryzen 71700 Eight-Core Processor 3.00GHz 64GB 64-bit OS [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (1 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller