Latest post Fri, Mar 29 2019 12:28 PM by alexkhosid. 0 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (1 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Fri, Mar 29 2019 12:28 PM

Being able to exoport directly the most popular formats

Hi, I use Avid Media Composer every day and it lacks the ability to export ALL the most popular and most requested file formats that I need on a daily basis:

MP4 - The most recommended container in the recommended upload encoding settings of Youtube (https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/1722171?hl=en) and from my experience also works best and fastest in Vimeo. Today in order to achieve this I need to export Same As Source from Avid and then encode it using Adobe Media Encoder or HandBrake.

ProRes on windows - Requested by every screening facility. It’s already possible in Avid on Apple systems and recently became possible also on windows systems in Premiere. Would be great to have it on windows straight from Avid.

SRT - By far the most requested file format for subtitles. Today I need to use external software like Subtitle Edit. There also some online services that do the conversion so it doesn’t seem to be very difficult to embed this feature into Avid.

DCP - Nowadays it shouldn’t be so big deal to make a DCP, which is requested by every screening facility. It’s already possible in Premiere and Davinci Resolve.

So today I need around 3-4 external third-party software and would be great to be able do all this in Avid :)

Filed under: , , ,
Page 1 of 1 (1 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller