Latest post Thu, Mar 28 2019 7:41 PM by Martin in Chicago. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Thu, Mar 28 2019 3:38 PM

How do I go Full Screen?

I've been away from Media Composer for a while and now that I'm back and updated, I've either forgotten a few things or they've changed.

2. How do I get my Composer monitor to fullscreen? I've got three monitors, two old 1280 x 1024 and the third an HD monitor running out of a Blackmagic Intensity Pro 4K. The HD monitor works great for full screen, but occaisionally (especially while syncing 2-system material), I'd like to blow up my Source or Record monitor to full screen on one of the little guys. As best I recall, I used to do this by turning off what I believe is now the "HW/SW enabled" switch and then hitting the full screen button. But, honestly, I can't remember and now I can't find a way to do it.

How's it done?

Martin

MC 2018.11.0, OS 10.13.6, Early 2009 Nehalem MacPro4,1, 2 X 2.6 GHz Quad-Core updated with Samsung 850 EVO 1 TB system drive, 32 GB RAM and ATI Radeon... [view my complete system specs]
  • Thu, Mar 28 2019 6:45 PM In reply to

Re: How do I go Full Screen?

Martin,

On my system, the option to go to Fullscreen mode is unavailable if you've got video hardware enabled. If you disable video hardware, the menu option appears under the Composer menu as shift-command-F.

Not sure if there's a way to do both.

J

Hackintosh OC'd 4.9 GHz i7-7700k, AMD Radeon Vega 64, 64 GB RAM, SSD, 8x Fibre to Terrablock, BM SDI 4k, currently running Mac OS 10.14.3. Symphony... [view my complete system specs]
  • Thu, Mar 28 2019 6:53 PM In reply to

Jason,

That sounds familiar now. I seem to remember—as if it's been that long—a button to disable hardware then CMD Shift F. Is that right? Does the button still exist? What's it look like?

Martin

MC 2018.11.0, OS 10.13.6, Early 2009 Nehalem MacPro4,1, 2 X 2.6 GHz Quad-Core updated with Samsung 850 EVO 1 TB system drive, 32 GB RAM and ATI Radeon... [view my complete system specs]
  • Thu, Mar 28 2019 7:18 PM In reply to

It appears under the "Composer" menu at the top of your screen when HW/SW is disabled (along with it's shortcut of CMD-SHFT-F).

Hackintosh OC'd 4.9 GHz i7-7700k, AMD Radeon Vega 64, 64 GB RAM, SSD, 8x Fibre to Terrablock, BM SDI 4k, currently running Mac OS 10.14.3. Symphony... [view my complete system specs]
  • Thu, Mar 28 2019 7:22 PM In reply to

Oh, sorry, you meant the HW/SW button....

I'm sure it's somewhere else, but I use the one on the top of the timeline window:

It used to be a little gear, but on my version, it's a little monitor with a red arrow heading right.

J

• Thu, Mar 28 2019 7:41 PM In reply to

Ha! Per our concurrent conversation, Jason, I created new user settings, then went back to using the settings I had been working with prior and now the HW/SW button does disable my third monitor and allows me to go full screen. That button wasn't working before.

Martin

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller