Latest post Fri, Apr 12 2019 2:14 PM by insch. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Tue, Mar 5 2019 10:28 AM

• insch
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Posts 258
    • Points 3,050

Marquee formatting issue

I am trying to insert a sound recording copyright symbol ℗ into Marquee end credits. I don't have the symbol on my keyboard but have copied it from 'Emoji and Symbols' and have also tried copying from online sources. Each time I paste it into my credits it appears on a new line below but it thinks it's on the correct line and can't just be moved to the correct location. I have looked at paragraph spacing and it matches the rest of the line. I can't seem to get it on the line where I want it - beside the ©.

Any advice anyone? I have attached a grab.

Thank you

Mac Pro, 3.7 GHz Quad-core, 32GB RAM, G-Tech G-RAID Studio etc. [view my complete system specs]
  • Thu, Mar 21 2019 12:59 PM In reply to

• insch
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Posts 258
    • Points 3,050

Re: Marquee formatting issue

I've come back to this one. I just pasted some other text into my Marquee title and the same issue happened - it dropped down to another (virtual) line. Anyone who uses Marquee know how to get round this issue? All I want is a 'P' in a circle to finish this off - but I'm struggling.

Thanks

Mac Pro, 3.7 GHz Quad-core, 32GB RAM, G-Tech G-RAID Studio etc. [view my complete system specs]
  • Wed, Apr 3 2019 11:46 AM In reply to

Maybe this helps. I use a little paid-for utility called PopChar to enter obscure characters into documents and titles. In the Lucida Grande font there is a category called Letterlike Symbols and there is the character you need. HTH.

iMac i5 27", 24GB RAM, OS 10.13.6 with Symphony 2018.12, BlackMagic mini monitor. MacBook Pro, 16GB RAM with OS 10.13.6 with MC 2018.5 and BMD Ultrastudio... [view my complete system specs]

With best wishes, Roger Shufflebottom

ACI, Technical Tutor (Editing), Faculty of Media and Communication, Bournemouth University, Dorset, UK

• Wed, Apr 3 2019 6:49 PM In reply to

And I thought I'd pasted an image but it's not appearing. Maybe tomorrow.

iMac i5 27", 24GB RAM, OS 10.13.6 with Symphony 2018.12, BlackMagic mini monitor. MacBook Pro, 16GB RAM with OS 10.13.6 with MC 2018.5 and BMD Ultrastudio... [view my complete system specs]

With best wishes, Roger Shufflebottom

ACI, Technical Tutor (Editing), Faculty of Media and Communication, Bournemouth University, Dorset, UK

• Fri, Apr 12 2019 2:14 PM In reply to

• insch
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Posts 258
    • Points 3,050

Thanks Roger

I worked round the issue that time but this is good to know going forward

Best, Phil

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller