Latest post Thu, Mar 7 2019 2:08 AM by HamNCheese. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Sat, Mar 2 2019 9:29 PM

• Westcity
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Fri, Feb 15 2008
    • Posts 83
    • Points 1,200

require clicking twice before renaming clip and seq names

When you put the cursor on a clip name, it should require two clicks to rename it - like every other app I can think of.  At least give us the option to require that!

How many times have we clicked into a bin, then gone to do another task and found that a clip name got renamed/overwritten by accident, and there's no going back to restore it.  Especially easy if you name/rename a clip, hit return instinctively, go on to do do something else and find that the cursor moved down to the next clip in the bin and the name is gone. 

It seems like whatever benefit there is for not needing to click twice to rename a clip is far outweighed by the times it happens unintentionally.  How hard would it be to offer the choice of a default that requires two clicks?

thanks

MacBook Pro and iMac BMD extreme card and minimonitor [view my complete system specs]
  • Sun, Mar 3 2019 11:15 AM In reply to

Re: require clicking twice before renaming clip and seq names

But that wastes an additional click. At OS level we don't often have to rename files so its no biggee but its a common function in MC.

The trick is to click the icon and not the clip name. Click the icon for the clip and its selected. Click the name and you are telling MC you want to rename it.

It gives you a clue as you get an arrow when hovering over the clip icon and an I text insertion bar if you hover over the clip text.

ACI Moderator. I'm not employed by Avid or work for them. I just do this in my spare time. Normally using the current Media Composer version on My... [view my complete system specs]

Broadcast & Post Production Consultant / Trainer  VET

T 07581 201248 | E pat@vet.co.uk | W www.vet.co.uk |

Media Composer V8.2 Review Background Render

-

Follow me on Twitter Pat_H_VET

• Thu, Mar 7 2019 2:08 AM In reply to

• HamNCheese
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Los Angeles
    • Posts 386
    • Points 5,650

Re: require clicking twice before renaming clip and seq names

Agreed.

And even worse, there  is no Undo!  Renaming a clip should be part of the Undo chain.

freelance, I work on a lot of systems [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller