Latest post Sat, Jan 26 2019 10:35 AM by Adrian Redmond. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Sat, Jan 26 2019 9:55 AM

• Adrian Redmond
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, May 28 2014
    • Channel 6 Television Denmark
    • Posts 162
    • Points 2,250

Selected clip highlight in bin clip view

I could wish for a more noticeable highlight of the selected clip in the bin in clip view - I'm often working with chronological sequences, where I might work on a clip for several minutes, then want to find the next clip - though I can check the clip number on the timeline or source viewer, my eyes naturally go to the bin with all the clip icons, and I must admit that it is sometimes hard to see which clip is currently highlighted - perhaps the selected clip could have a brighter clip name highlight, or a coloured frame around the selected clip - this would make it much easier to scan the bin.

If such highlighting could be irritating to other users, then perhaps it could be a user defineable option - bin>selected clip highlight> colour and/or frame?

thanks.

Avid Media Composer v. 8.5.3. with Symphony Option on HP Z820 Dual Intel E5-2640 6-core HT 2.5GHz CPU 32GB RAM NVidia Quadro K4000 Graphics on Win7x64... [view my complete system specs]

Adrian Redmond
    Owner / Producer / Editor
    Channel 6 Television Denmark

• Sat, Jan 26 2019 10:06 AM In reply to

Re: Selected clip highlight in bin clip view

If you go to Project window > Settings tab > Interface you can change the color of the highlights (although this color also will apply to the rest of the UI), as well as the brightness (or darkness) of the entire UI, and the background color of the bins. You may be able to find a combination you like better than what you have now.

Media Composer 2018.12.1 w/Symphony/SS/PF options, HP Envy 17t-j100 Quad Edition laptop, Windows 10 Pro, Intel Core i7 2.4GHz, 16 GB RAM, nVidia GeForce... [view my complete system specs]

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who only consider the price are this man's lawful prey."  - John Ruskin (1819-1900)

Carl Amoscato | Freelance Film & Video Editor | London, UK

• Sat, Jan 26 2019 10:35 AM In reply to

• Adrian Redmond
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, May 28 2014
    • Channel 6 Television Denmark
    • Posts 162
    • Points 2,250

Re: Selected clip highlight in bin clip view

Thanks Carl - nice to see that your 24 hour service also covers weekends :) (Respect)

The interface menu was where I started when looking at this, but sadly one can only alter the colour of all highlights, and if I choose a brighter highlight colour here this makes the entire GUI cluttered with highlights IMHO.

I was hoping for a "selected clip in bin highlight colour" specific setting :)

Avid Media Composer v. 8.5.3. with Symphony Option on HP Z820 Dual Intel E5-2640 6-core HT 2.5GHz CPU 32GB RAM NVidia Quadro K4000 Graphics on Win7x64... [view my complete system specs]

Adrian Redmond
    Owner / Producer / Editor
    Channel 6 Television Denmark

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller