Latest post Wed, Jan 16 2019 7:41 PM by whoamdave. 0 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (1 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Wed, Jan 16 2019 7:41 PM

• whoamdave
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, Nov 27 2018
    • Posts 4
    • Points 40

AvidOPFrameGenerator Hanging, Causing Media Composer to Lock Up

One of our users reported that Avid hangs randomly for up to a minute while playing back from the timeline. At times the issue persists long enough that a force quit is necessary to close the application. We noticed that the beach balls appear to coincide with with the AvidOPFrameGeneratorApp appearing as not responding in Activity Monitor and quitting. The FrameGenerator app will then restart and the process begins again. MC will run normally until the FrameGenApp crashes again. I can recreate this by force quitting the app myself. Sometimes this issue can take hours to materialize. Other times it starts as soon as the editor sits down. 

We've done a remote session with Avid support, who made the following recommendations:

Delete /Users/Shared/AvidMediaComposer/AMA Management, FatalErrorReport, AvidImageCache, and AvidSourceBrowserCache

Change permissions on /Applications/Media Composer and /Users/Shared/AvidMediaComposer/ to R/W for Everyone.

Close the Source Browser while working.

Clear Bin Memory and Monitor Memories when it occurs.

They also advised that this issue could be caused by our video plugins (BCC and Sapphire 11). They removed the BCC 3D Objects plugin from the /Library AVX Plugins folder. 

So far none of these steps have resolved the issue. I'm waiting to hear back from BorisFX support, but am skeptical that this is the culprit. We've witnessed the issue happening on sequences with no video effects.

This is a fresh install of 2018.11 on a fresh build of 10.13.6. We have this build running throughout our environment without issue. Most are iMacs which have been upgraded from 8.5.3. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

MC 2018.11 
    OSX 10.13.6 
    MacPro 5,1 
    32GB RAM 
    No IO 

Page 1 of 1 (1 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller