Latest post Tue, Jan 15 2019 2:34 PM by RalphC. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Sat, Jan 12 2019 10:03 PM

Installing AMC to new SSD and uninstalling on old SSD

Hi all

Im upgrading my ssd to a new Samsung Pro 512GB SSD and want to migrate AMC to it from my old SSD. If I uninstall Avid from my old SSD (and subsequently re-install on the new one) will I lose my project files in the process? I’m still new to Avid and unsure where my project files are being saved to, and don’t want to lose any of the work I’ve already undertaken on the current install. 

Thanks!

• Tue, Jan 15 2019 12:22 PM In reply to

• luca.mg
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Roma - Italy
    • Posts 5,475
    • Points 64,220

Re: Installing AMC to new SSD and uninstalling on old SSD

Not sure this applies to MC First, but You may want to deactivate on the old disk to reactivate on the new one. As for the project files, You'll have to copy them from the old disk to the new one.

Symphony 2018.9, BM Intensity Pro 4k, Windows 10, i7-5930K, 32 GB ram, Quadro K620 [view my complete system specs]

peace luca

• Tue, Jan 15 2019 2:34 PM In reply to

• RalphC
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on Wed, Sep 2 2015
    • Posts 1,757
    • Points 19,345
    • Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Customer Service
      Avid Employee
      SystemAdministrator

Re: Installing AMC to new SSD and uninstalling on old SSD

luca.mg:
    Not sure this applies to MC First, but You may want to deactivate on the old disk to reactivate on the new one

No option to deactivate, you only need to be log in to AppMan before launching MC|First.

Thanks,

RalphC

MacBook Pro 15 2018 Intel Core i7 2.6GHz Mac 10.13.6 Intel UHD 630. [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller