Latest post Tue, Jul 31 2018 6:21 AM by Fred42_p. 6 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Thu, Jul 26 2018 3:23 PM

• Fred42_p
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Jul 26 2018
    • Posts 5
    • Points 65

Correct raster dimensions & project type

Hi

I am a PC user with avid media 6,  I have a various selection of footage that are in different formats. One in 720x540 and another in 1920x1080 both shot at 25fps.

In the format settings I'm not sure what would be the best 'project type' and raster dimension to set my project to.

I'd really appreciate some advice, thanks guys.

• Thu, Jul 26 2018 8:23 PM In reply to

Re: Correct raster dimensions & project type

It depends on what you want to outrput.

ACI Moderator. I'm not employed by Avid or work for them. I just do this in my spare time. Normally using the current Media Composer version on My... [view my complete system specs]

Broadcast & Post Production Consultant / Trainer  VET

T 07581 201248 | E pat@vet.co.uk | W www.vet.co.uk |

Media Composer V8.2 Review Background Render

-

Follow me on Twitter Pat_H_VET

• Fri, Jul 27 2018 1:35 PM In reply to

• Fred42_p
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 5
    • Points 65

Thanks for your response, the footage will be on a website.

• Sat, Jul 28 2018 7:30 AM In reply to

Is this your own website, or one that a client owns and you're making the video for them?

If it's a client's website, see if they have a specification to meet.

If it's yours, you need to decide whether you want a larger high quality video that might take people longer to load, or a smaller lower quality video that might be more accessible to more people.

Media Composer 2018.7 w/Symphony/SS/PF options, HP Envy 17t-j100 Quad Edition laptop, Windows 10 Pro, Intel Core i7 2.4GHz, 16 GB RAM, nVidia GeForce GT... [view my complete system specs]

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who only consider the price are this man's lawful prey."  - John Ruskin (1819-1900)

Carl Amoscato | Freelance Film & Video Editor | London, UK

• Sun, Jul 29 2018 6:25 AM In reply to

• Fred42_p
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 5
    • Points 65

It would be for my own showreel website. I'm going to go for the higher quality video, what would you recommend for raster dimensions & project type?

• Sun, Jul 29 2018 1:29 PM In reply to

Hi,

Since the highest quality clip you have is 1920x1080, that's what I'd work in if I were you. If it's 25p, pick that for a frame rate, or 50i if that's what you work in.

Media Composer 2018.7 w/Symphony/SS/PF options, HP Envy 17t-j100 Quad Edition laptop, Windows 10 Pro, Intel Core i7 2.4GHz, 16 GB RAM, nVidia GeForce GT... [view my complete system specs]

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who only consider the price are this man's lawful prey."  - John Ruskin (1819-1900)

Carl Amoscato | Freelance Film & Video Editor | London, UK

• Tue, Jul 31 2018 6:21 AM In reply to

• Fred42_p
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 5
    • Points 65

Thank you for the advice!

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller