Latest post Thu, Jul 5 2018 7:13 PM by kseaq. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Tue, Jul 3 2018 9:16 PM

• kseaq
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, Jun 19 2018
    • Posts 3
    • Points 25

Multigroup Unable To Switch Between Cameras

I'm having an odd problem that I would appreciate help with if anyone has come across this before.

Today I began generating a bunch of multigroups using a web service, and while it has worked well for the most part, I'm having one issue. For reasons that I do not know, some of the multigroups will only let me change to different cameras / audio in the first group on the timeline. When I right click I can see that the Bcam is there, and when I go to quad split I can even scrub through and see the Bcam footage. However, it will not let me switch to Bcam with either my keyboard shortcut or right clicking and selecting the other camera. Stranger still, the other editor I'm working with does not have this issue on his machine using the same bins as me. If I open the individual groups that are generated when I bring in the multigroup AAF, I can switch between cameras in those and if the groups are put in a new timeline, but still not within the main multigroup itself.

So I don't think it's a problem with the multigroup itself, but rather something in my Avid that's mixed up. Anyone had this problem before or know what might be causing it?

Thank you and let me know if I can provide any more info!

Filed under: ,
  • Wed, Jul 4 2018 1:04 AM In reply to

• NinaLu
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Fri, Jul 12 2013
    • Posts 28
    • Points 320

Re: Multigroup Unable To Switch Between Cameras

Does it work on a different user setting? If so, then you should rebuild your user settings from scratch.

If not, have you tried trashing the MCState settings?

• Thu, Jul 5 2018 7:13 PM In reply to

• kseaq
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, Jun 19 2018
    • Posts 3
    • Points 25

Re: Multigroup Unable To Switch Between Cameras

Hello,

Thank you for your response. 

I tried different user settings but that did not fix it for me. However, I got another suggestion from the multigrouping service which was this:

"This is actually a known issue with Avids ability to deal with certain LUTs on certain formats during the grouping process as outlined in our Frequently Asked Questions http://groupitforme.com/faq.php At face value, judging by that screenshot you sent through, it looks like this is what is causing these issues - because the only difference I can see between the top (successful) and bottom (failing) sequences is that the bottom one has LUTs on the media on V2.

Whenever other users have experienced this problem, we have recommended they simply remove the LUT from the master clips prior to running them through Group It For Me!, then reapply the LUT to the master clips once the multigrouped media has been imported back into Avid Media Composer. This solution has worked in all instances of this issue."

THAT SAID, when I updated from Avid 2018.3 to 2018.5 it fixed my problem.

Thanks!

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller