Latest post Fri, Jun 1 2018 6:35 PM by DStone. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Thu, May 31 2018 8:33 PM

High Frame Rate Footage Problems!

I've been working on a project for a few weeks on Avid MC 2018.4, on Mac.

My project is set up as 25fps, however most of the footage I'm using was shot at 50fps on a Sony A7R. The intention of the footage was to be used as slow motion in 25fps sequences.

I transcoded the 50fps footage to DNxHD36 inside of Da Vinci Resolve, then imported this into a 50fps project.

I then re-opened the 25fps project and opened the 50fps bin.

I selected all of the footage and set the source settings to project (25fps) everything plays back correctly in half speed.

I've been editing this way for hte last few weeks, now I'm ready to send the sequences to Resolve again in order to grade. This is where things aren't working for me!

I send an EDL from List Tool and select the one line of video, V1.

Open this in Resolve and the footage thinks it's 50fps, when I import the EDL the clips/timecodes don't align at all. I've tried setting the clips inside of Reoslve to be 25fps but this still doesn't work.

Is there something I'm doing wrong / missing inside of Avid that is tripping me up?

Any help greatly appreciated!

Thanks

• Fri, Jun 1 2018 6:35 PM In reply to

• DStone
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on Fri, Nov 4 2005
    • Massachusetts
    • Posts 3,360
    • Points 43,385
    • Moderator: Media Composer Getting Started

Re: High Frame Rate Footage Problems!

The source settings are specific to MC. The footage is still 50fps, and that's what Resolve is using. If you look at the EDL, check the timecode of a known clip in MC to the timecode in the EDL. See if they're the same. Also bear in mind that EDLs can vary between editting systems (they're close, but not identical). You are probably better off using an AAF instead.

DIY quad core I7-4790K, 16Gb, NVidia GTX 970 4GB, Win 10 Pro, MC(generally the latest or the one just before), MC 7.x [view my complete system specs]

Dave S.

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller