Latest post Wed, May 30 2018 4:49 AM by cpeiken. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Wed, May 30 2018 1:43 AM

• cpeiken
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, Apr 14 2015
    • Posts 6
    • Points 80

MC Software Node Locked to Dongle (Edit on Laptop on Set)

Hi, I have MC 7.07 installed in my office, and I have to work remotly on a laptop on set for the next two weeks.  I have the original dongle that came with my purchase, but a couple computers later it's now Software Node Locked.  Is it possible to transfer back to my dongle so I can switch computers routinely (in case this remote editing thing becomes more prevelant), or how else can I accomplish this back and forth without two licences?  Please help!

• Wed, May 30 2018 2:58 AM In reply to

Re: MC Software Node Locked to Dongle (Edit on Laptop on Set)

It is relatively quick and easy online to Deactivate your MC version in the Office and then Activate the MC software on your laptop.  Then reverse the process when you are back in the office.  There is no limit to the number of times you can do flip flop.  The MC  software installed on your Laptop has to be a version allowed with your current Office Software Activation licence. 

Edit add If your version is MC 7.0.7 you may have a problem using MC 7.0.7 with the laptop if it is on a recent Mac OS as detailed in your earlier posts.

• Wed, May 30 2018 4:41 AM In reply to

• cpeiken
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 6
    • Points 80

My system ID is not listed in MY PRODUCTS, just my Activation ID.  I don't see a DEACTIVATE or ACTIVATE tabe either.

• Wed, May 30 2018 4:49 AM In reply to

• cpeiken
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 6
    • Points 80

Nevermind!  I just found the missing ID and the licence control app!

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller