Latest post Wed, Feb 28 2018 2:09 PM by Roger Shufflebottom. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Wed, Feb 28 2018 11:41 AM

Nablet XDCAM Plugin v4.5.3 bug?

I teach video editing at a university. In order to demonstrate linking to many different camera formats, I have a drive with a folder full of 15 or so sub-folders, each being a camera card copy. Sony, Panasonic, Red, Canon, Arri, etc etc. The folder is called ‘Demo Card Media’. Until I installed the 4.5.3 Nablet plugin, I could navigate to a subfolder with Avid’s Source Browser and link to the contents with the Source Browser set to view the folder as a media volume. This morning, this failed … as soon as I selected the master folder, instead of seeing the sub-folders, Avid immediately linked to a Sony XDCAM card copy and the Browser populated with XDCAM clips. This kept happening. The other sub-folders were not visible. I did the usual Avid stuff - delete MCState, new User, new Project but no good. I then deleted the 4.5.3 plugin and reinstalled 4.5.2. All is back to normal. MC 8.10. Mac OS 10.11.6. I have emailed Nablet about this. anyone else?

iMac i5 27", 24GB RAM, OS 10.11.6 with Symphony 8.10., BlackMagic mini monitor. MacBook Pro, 16GB RAM with OS 10.12.5 with MC 8.10 and BMD Ultrastudio... [view my complete system specs]

With best wishes, Roger Shufflebottom

ACI, Technical Tutor (Editing), Faculty of Media and Communication, Bournemouth University, Dorset, UK

Filed under:
  • Wed, Feb 28 2018 2:09 PM In reply to

Re: Nablet XDCAM Plugin v4.5.3 bug?

Update - Nablet have tested this and accept it is a bug. Further news when it comes along.

iMac i5 27", 24GB RAM, OS 10.11.6 with Symphony 8.10., BlackMagic mini monitor. MacBook Pro, 16GB RAM with OS 10.12.5 with MC 8.10 and BMD Ultrastudio... [view my complete system specs]

With best wishes, Roger Shufflebottom

ACI, Technical Tutor (Editing), Faculty of Media and Communication, Bournemouth University, Dorset, UK

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller