Latest post Wed, Feb 7 2018 3:20 PM by Marianna. 0 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (1 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Wed, Feb 7 2018 3:20 PM

• Marianna
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Avid
    • Posts 9,176
    • Points 205,095
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

Idea [I] OS v10.13.x(High Sierra)-Nitris DX, BlackMagic, & AJA IO install Kernel Extensions

Mac OS v10.13.x (High Sierra) -Avid Nitris DX, BlackMagic, & AJA IO devices install Kernel Extensions

Nora in tech publications has made an important note to the Media composer v8.10 and v2018.1 ReadMe files on the Knowledge Base.

The following note was added:

Note: With the release of Mac OS v10.13.x (High Sierra), Apple requires manual approval of loading Kernel Extensions (KEXTs). (For example Avid Nitris DX, BlackMagic, and AJA IO devices install Kernel Extensions.) At installation time, you should get a dialog saying that the KEXT was not loaded. You must go the “Security & Privacy” system preference and manually approve the KEXT. Keep the Security & Privacy pane open after you install the I/O device drivers so that you will see the notice that the driver has been blocked and press the “allow” button within 30 minutes of installing or the driver will be permanently blocked.

MC 8.x Documentation

MC 2018.x Documentation

Questions let me know.

Marianna

Director of Online Communities and Forums/Customer Advocate [view my complete system specs]

marianna.montague@avid.com

mobile 813-493-6800

AOL IM:  avidmarianna

Twitter:  avidmarianna

WWLD

Page 1 of 1 (1 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller