Latest post Sat, Dec 16 2017 4:50 AM by Jason Sedmak. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Thu, Dec 14 2017 9:30 AM

• Brad
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • West Yorkshire
    • Posts 81
    • Points 1,160

Using new sequence from mirrored project on another drive

I'm working with an international client.

A client sent me a drive with original media.  I've been working on that external drive all the way through fine cut.

For various reasons, I'm needing to send that original drive back to them with the Fine cut and the original media to them today.

However tomorrow I'm needing to do some final notes to create a locked cut.  So I've consolidated the project onto my homebase drives and I'm now working on that.

My question is if there is any way for me to just send them the new sequence in a bin, and for them to be able to make that new sequence work on the same project on the drive I"ve sent back to them?

Thanks in advance...

imac late 2012 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32 GB 1600 MHz DDR3 OS 10.13.2 MC 8.10.0 [view my complete system specs]
  • Sat, Dec 16 2017 4:50 AM In reply to

Re: Using new sequence from mirrored project on another drive

Yes, of course.

We'd need to know more about how you got your footage into the project and all that, but really, it's just a matter of them "relinking" your new sequence to their original media using the relink tool, and sometimes that's a trial by fail sort of affair -- matters not that you're working on consolidated material.

If all of the media has been linked (not imported), then one way that works is to have them open all necessary bins with the original media, and do a "select all."  Right-click the sequence, then change the top option to "Selected items in ALL open bins."  In the "Relink by:" section, I'd change the parameters in "Source Name" to Name, select Ignore extension and hit "OK."  That should have worked, but if not, here's where it can be trial by fail depending on your media, how loaded, how named, etc..  You can have it Ignore characters, link to something other than Name, or change it's Target.

It will relink, trust me.

Good luck,

Jason

Hackintosh OC'd 4.2 i7-1070 9GB-32 GB RAM-Solid State Boot-8x Fibre to Terrablock Currently running 10.13.4 Symphony 2018.9.0 [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller