Latest post Wed, Nov 29 2017 12:49 AM by Corkey. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Tue, Nov 28 2017 5:09 PM

8.9.3 You guys mucked up Markers AGAIN! and I say "GRRR!"

Me?  I'm the guy who's been harping for years to stop neglecting the markers tool, and now, today, after going up to 8.9.3, you've made it even worse.

Now, when you add a marker and a window pops up, the cursor no longer defaults to the text entry field (requiring a click), and THEN! when you're done typing, someone has broken the <numeric "enter"> functionality which USED to not do a carriage return but close the window -- now, you have to click (or tab to the "Close" so that you can click -- which doesn't highlight BTW).

To that I say GRRRRRR!!!!!  Please fix it!@

End rant #44,55e22

Hackintosh OC'd 4.2 i7-1070 9GB-32 GB RAM-Solid State Boot-8x Fibre to Terrablock Currently running 10.13.4 Symphony 2018.9.0 [view my complete system specs]
  • Tue, Nov 28 2017 8:40 PM In reply to

Re: 8.9.3 You guys mucked up Markers AGAIN! and I say "GRRR!"

Jason Sedmak:
    Now, when you add a marker and a window pops up, the cursor no longer defaults to the text entry field (requiring a click), and THEN!
    This is a known bug that is fixed and will be available when 8.9.4 is released. See this thread

Jason Sedmak:
    someone has broken the <numeric "enter"> functionality which USED to not do a carriage return but close the window -- now, you have to click (or tab to the "Close" so that you can click -- which doesn't highlight
    Sorry I do not know if this is also part of the same fix.

• Tue, Nov 28 2017 10:55 PM In reply to

Ah!  Thanks, Andrew!  And my bad for not finding the bug list thread!

J

Hackintosh OC'd 4.2 i7-1070 9GB-32 GB RAM-Solid State Boot-8x Fibre to Terrablock Currently running 10.13.4 Symphony 2018.9.0 [view my complete system specs]
  • Wed, Nov 29 2017 12:49 AM In reply to

• Corkey
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Mon, Sep 7 2015
    • Posts 18
    • Points 195

Sadly, the first salvo against the practicality of using Markers was when Avid, for reasons yet unexplained, broke the text wrap function. Now, PDFs or printouts are limited to very short sentences.

Please Avid, bring back Markers text wrap... scripted and unscripted series, MOWs, and features live by Markers and most of us who specialize in these shows can't understand why such a simple bug has gone unrepaired for more than a decade.

Retina MacBookPro 15" 16GB (mid-2012); iMac 27" 4.0 quad-core Intel Core i7, Turbo to 4.2, 32GB, (late 2015). [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller