Latest post Sat, Jan 13 2018 7:07 PM by danny. 29 replies.
Page 1 of 2 (30 items) 1 2 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Mon, Nov 20 2017 7:45 PM

• gumbaedit
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Richmond, VA
    • Posts 518
    • Points 6,800

trying to renew perpetual license and not seeing auto-renewal or renew support drops downs

Subject line rpetty much says it all.  I cann add it to a cart, but I remember usto renewal being an option previously when logging into my account and looking at my products page.  Anyone have any input on this?

Thanks.

6 core Late 2013 MacPro 3.0 gHz, 16 gigs RAM, MC 8.8.5 on OSX 10.12.4, DNxIO, Flanders CM250, BMD Desktop Video version 10.9.1 [view my complete system specs]
  • Mon, Nov 20 2017 8:56 PM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Avid
    • Posts 9,200
    • Points 205,355
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

Re: trying to renew perpetual license and not seeing auto-renewal or renew support drops downs

Hey Gumbaedit...

Let me check it for you

Marianna

Director of Online Communities and Forums/Customer Advocate [view my complete system specs]

marianna.montague@avid.com

mobile 813-493-6800

AOL IM:  avidmarianna

Twitter:  avidmarianna

WWLD

• Mon, Nov 20 2017 9:11 PM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Avid
    • Posts 9,200
    • Points 205,355
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

Re: trying to renew perpetual license and not seeing auto-renewal or renew support drops downs

Rex

I crated a case and responded to you.

Mariana

Director of Online Communities and Forums/Customer Advocate [view my complete system specs]

mobile 813-493-6800

WWLD

• Wed, Nov 22 2017 4:52 PM In reply to

• mbmpost
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Apr 13 2006
    • Alexandria, VA
    • Posts 37
    • Points 450

I'm in the same boat...also if I had the symphony upgrade in my perpetual license, do I have to pay the extra $99 bucks a year to keep it?

TIA,

Brennan

2.66 intel core duo MBP 4gb ram, Sonnet express 34 pro card, Caldigit vr mini, MC 6.0, 10.6.8; MBP 2.5 core duo, 4GB ram, Sonnet express 34 pro card ,... [view my complete system specs]
  • Wed, Nov 22 2017 5:38 PM In reply to

Can't answer the auto-renew question.  But I know that the $99 Symphony add is a one-time payment.  You buy it, and the option stays on your perpetual license forever.  All you have to do is your normal Media Composer renewal in subsequent years going forward.

(SYSTEM 1) iMac Late 2012 27" (13,2), Mac OS X 10.12.6, Avid Media Composer 2018.4 w/Symphony, Intel Core i7 3.4 GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX... [view my complete system specs]
  • Wed, Nov 22 2017 6:46 PM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Avid
    • Posts 9,200
    • Points 205,355
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

mbm

No you would select the $299 otion which is the plan without Symphony as you alreayd have it.

Marianna

mobile 813-493-6800

WWLD

• Sat, Nov 25 2017 10:34 PM In reply to

• danny
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Sun, Jan 24 2010
    • Posts 61
    • Points 750

I seem to be having similar issues over in the UK. The renewal process is unnecessarily complicated and misleading. Last year is was realatively straightforward to renew my support for MC + Symphony. It cost me £264 (GB Pounds). This year, I don't get this auto-renewal drop-down feature when I log in, but I am presented with two options: One for MC  at £240 GBP, one for £320 GBP - an over 21% hike on last year's plan. I am at a loss to know which to choose. Logic tells me MC + Symphony, but why the huge price increase? Confusingly, the MC only option is less than last year, but this thread seems to inply this is what I should choose!

I would also like to add that last year, it took several weeks for the receipt to come through to me - after constant chasing. I wonder why this should be such a complicated and long-drawn-out process. I can think of no other software that makes it sooo complicated - surely there must be a "one-button" solution.

I would appreciate being enlightened as to what I should do. MC 8.9.1 MacPro Sierra 10.12.6

Many thanks,

Danny

Mac 3Ghz 8-core cylinder Xeon E5. 32GB 1866Mhz DDR3. AMD D700 graphics x2. OS 10.12.6 with MC/Symphony 8.9.1 [view my complete system specs]
  • Sat, Nov 25 2017 10:59 PM In reply to

If you already own the Symphony option, you should only choose the MC renewal. The other choice is a temporary offer where customers can purchase the MC option for 99 USD when renewing their MC.

if you see any price changes from last year, that may have a lot to do with big swings in GBP exchange rates.

Other than that, I usually reccomend buying Avid renewals from local resellers. Just tends to be easier, you simply get an invoice with VAT specifiied without having to ask for it, etc. The Avid store in Europe does not seem aimed at professional business purchases.

Media Composer /w Symphony option | PT-HD | Win7Pro64 HP | OSX MBP | ISIS5000 | Nitris DX | Artist Mix & Transport & Color | AJA T-Tap | Decklink... [view my complete system specs]
  • Mon, Nov 27 2017 11:04 AM In reply to

• danny
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 61
    • Points 750

Hi Job / Marianna / Avid / Arvato

I appreciate your answer, Job. It really was not obvious which option to choose. I have also now read the thread from around this time last year and now understand that it was not just me having problems then regarding invoicing and VAT. However, this year, both the process of paying the fee and the mathematics is not making any sense at all:

I have just gone through to "Shopping Cart" on the website but couldn't find the "Checkout" button - it's hiding between the "Continue shopping" and "Update" button in white lettering on a white background. The "total price" is indicated as being £240. Upon re-entering my debit card details the bill updates and adds some untitled "Taxes" of £45.60, bringing the "actual total price" to £285.60 GBP.

Much as I hate to say, if this is VAT the total should surely be £288 (240 x 20% = 48) - so what is this mysterious tax and/or who or what is working it out?

Checking my Arvato Systems (Germany) invoice from last year, I paid £220 plus VAT (20%) of £44 = £264 total invoice. Fine. I paid this and reclaimed the VAT in the normal way. (Although should they be adding VAT on USA imports?)

I note that the value of the pound against the dollar has actually gone up since last year, so the cost of USA imports should have gone down. But Avid hasn't! In fact it's gone up by around 9% (or probably more in the USA). Even allowing for inflation it is still around 6% more that last year. I know it's still cheaper than Permiere on an annual basis, but some explanation surely required. Marianna, is the Avid Store in Europe not for professionals? And is this tax confusion all down to Arvato?

Job, is it even possible to purchase a renewal, from a reseller, for a product initially bought from the Avid store? I really don't want to wait again this year several weeks for the debit from my account and longer to get a decent receipt.

regards, Danny

PS: Avid, the current web advice for how to renew still needs to explain that some people might see the drop-down Auto-renewal, but others might not. I don't see the option.

Mac 3Ghz 8-core cylinder Xeon E5. 32GB 1866Mhz DDR3. AMD D700 graphics x2. OS 10.12.6 with MC/Symphony 8.9.1 [view my complete system specs]
  • Mon, Nov 27 2017 11:32 AM In reply to

danny:
    Job, is it even possible to purchase a renewal, from a reseller, for a product initially bought from the Avid store?
    Yes.

danny:
    I really don't want to wait again this year several weeks for the debit from my account and longer to get a decent receipt.
    My recent purchase (of the Pro Sound Effects Essentials library) went through immediately (via PayPal), and I received a VAT invoice a couple of hours later (I did ask for it in the meantime, not sure if it was a reply to my request or if it was automatically sent). My invoice had both a Dutch and German VAT reg no. on the bottom. I'm going to assume Dutch VAT and file it that way.

That said, do look into the Videoguys option, seems cheaper now.

Media Composer /w Symphony option | PT-HD | Win7Pro64 HP | OSX MBP | ISIS5000 | Nitris DX | Artist Mix & Transport & Color | AJA T-Tap | Decklink... [view my complete system specs]
  • Mon, Nov 27 2017 3:10 PM In reply to

• danny
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 61
    • Points 750

Thanks Job,

I thought I's give the Avid website one more chance and tried via PayPal. Still no sign of a VAT receipt. Did you write to Arvato.de for yours?

Incidentaly, I don't get emailed replies to posts anymore, so have to keep checking in. The box is ticked. Anyone else getting the same problem?

• Mon, Nov 27 2017 5:33 PM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Avid
    • Posts 9,200
    • Points 205,355
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

Danny

I can assist.....  I see order # 

Order ID: 6444599

I will create a case and get this going for you.   

Re: emails...  uncheck the box, save and log out of community and log back in - report back.

Marianna

mobile 813-493-6800

WWLD

• Mon, Nov 27 2017 7:28 PM In reply to

• luca.mg
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Roma - Italy
    • Posts 5,274
    • Points 61,870

danny:
    Incidentaly, I don't get emailed replies to posts anymore, so have to keep checking in. The box is ticked. Anyone else getting the same problem?

Yessss! :-(

Symphony 2018.5, BM Intensity Pro 4k, Windows 10, i7-5930K, 32 GB ram, Quadro K620 [view my complete system specs]

peace luca

• Sat, Dec 2 2017 1:05 PM In reply to

• danny
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 61
    • Points 750

(test having unticked the 'email me replies' box)

• Sat, Dec 2 2017 1:07 PM In reply to

• danny
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 61
    • Points 750

(test having logged out and in again. the 'email me replies' box was ticked already. I now need to see if I get a reply to this post.

Page 1 of 2 (30 items) 1 2 Next >

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller