Latest post Thu, Nov 9 2017 8:22 AM by Jeroen van Eekeres. 0 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (1 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Thu, Nov 9 2017 8:22 AM

2 Isis 5x00 questions.

Hi Guru's, Avid, Bob,

1. Actually the first is more or less an LSI question. Because Isis 5000 units are reaching an age where drives start failing, a pattern has started to unfold. Drives that do not fail all together but who's media error count steadily increases, be it due to bad blocks or other electronic failure, are not being automatically replaced by the LSI controller or the Avid storage manager.

I recently had one system where the drive was obviously failing as the media error count had reached over a 1000 in a few days. During that period this failing drive was seriously affecting the performance of the Isis which causes several errors on the Media composer side but the status of the raid set remained optimal.

Now obviously manually replacing the drive with the hot spare fixes the issue but I have been searching the web if the LSI controller can be instructed to replace a drive with a hot spare when the media error count reaches a certain threshold number but I find nothing. Does anybody know if there is a setting somewhere in the Megaraid utility or CLI?

2. Is the system director on an ISIS 5x00 actually only bound to the 4 (1,3,4,6) network ports on the chassis and not to the 2 other ports (2,5), Of course it's a simple test to find out but I thought it was better to ask her first.

I'm asking cause I have one customer which has multipe systems spread through a studio building with 1 internet connection. I could setup VLAN's and interconnect switches but that's not an option on 2 direct connected systems. To gain remote access to those systems I could of course tell them to buy 2 more (used) force10 switches but I wonder if I can connect nic port 2 of both systems directly to a management VLAN. Or would I still cause the 2 system directors to 'see achother' on the directly connected systems?

Thanks

Most of the MC/NC, Interplay, Nexis, ISIS, Unity stuff. [view my complete system specs]

Avid reseller ACSR at Telmaco

http://www.telmaco.gr/en/

Page 1 of 1 (1 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller