Latest post Sat, Nov 4 2017 3:08 PM by RalphC. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Mon, Oct 30 2017 4:52 PM

Media composer stuck at reading user settings

Hi 

I am using Media Composer 8.2 with interplay 3.1 and I have a problem while starting Media Composer.

It got stuck at reading user settings

Note :-Sorry I did this post in Mac section although I am using Avid media composer on Windows 7

HP Z440 16GB RAM PROCESSOR : INTEL XEON CPU E5-1650 3.5GHZ WINDOWS 7 64 BIT NVIDIA QUADRO K2200 [view my complete system specs]
    Filed under:
  • Mon, Oct 30 2017 9:26 PM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Avid
    • Posts 10,282
    • Points 219,150
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

Re: Media composer stuck at reading user settings

First can you add your specifications to your profile.  Click on your name in the right corner then edit profile and add spec's. Helps us help you.

Second.......I would delete the MCState files.

The MCState setting files can be found in two places:

• the main Settings folder in the Media Composer application folder
    • in each individual User Settings folder

The MCState found in the Settings folder remembers what user and projects were active the last time the application was in use. It also contains certain Console commands, such as Disble3D and in version 7.x, it remembers which video format was chosen for the 3D hardware.

The MCState in the Users folder contains window views for each user. For example, a source or record window that is stretched or a particular timline view is saved in this file. It is necessary at times when troubleshooting to delete these files and have Media Composer rebuild them as they can become corrupt.

Marianna

Director of Online Communities and Forums/Customer Advocate [view my complete system specs]

marianna.montague@avid.com

mobile 813-493-6800

Twitter:  avidmarianna

Facebook: Marianna Montague

www.avidcustomerassociation.com   |  Connect 2019 | April 6-7 | Aria, Las Vegas, NV

WWLD

• Tue, Oct 31 2017 7:31 PM In reply to

Thanks Marianna for the reply actually I have a fresh copy of Windows 7 and the media composer and the relevant drivers/applications are up to date according to the avid guideline.and I also configured the media indexer path in the localhost.

HP Z440 16GB RAM PROCESSOR : INTEL XEON CPU E5-1650 3.5GHZ WINDOWS 7 64 BIT NVIDIA QUADRO K2200 [view my complete system specs]
    Filed under:
  • Wed, Nov 1 2017 2:15 AM In reply to

Where are the user settings stored? locally or on networked storage?

MacPro dual 2.66GHz 6GB RAM nVIDIA GeForce 7300 GT Storage: 2TB G-Speed eS with controller card 3x1TB Hitachi SATA-II internals, various external FW/USB... [view my complete system specs]

Kenton VanNatten | Avid Editor (for hire)

"I am not obsessed... I'm detail-oriented"

• Sat, Nov 4 2017 6:16 AM In reply to

Note :-Sorry I did this post in Mac section although I am using Avid media composer on Windows 7

user settings are stored locally.It's happening while launching the media composer with interplay/isis connected mode.Without it, it's launching in a good way.

Filed under:
  • Sat, Nov 4 2017 3:08 PM In reply to

• RalphC
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on Wed, Sep 2 2015
    • Posts 1,840
    • Points 20,340
    • Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Customer Service
      Avid Employee
      SystemAdministrator

I'm moving this to PC section.

MacBook Pro 15 2018 Intel Core i7 2.6GHz Mac 10.13.6 Intel UHD 630. [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller