Latest post Fri, Oct 6 2017 4:17 PM by Marianna. 7 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Thu, Sep 28 2017 9:45 PM

• wkumingo
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Chicago
    • Posts 184
    • Points 2,545

Deactivate Symphony?

For one of my projects, I want to maintain 100% Color Correction compatability with a system that has a perpetual license and therefore doesn't have the Symphony option.

App Manager won't let me activate/deactivate Symphony all by itself. Is there a way to do this?

I can stick to HSL/Curves and the CC Clip Effect rather than source-side corrections but I want to minimize surprises. Disabling Symphony seems like the most fool-proof way to do that... any ideas?

Self-built -- Always current MC version with AJA KONA 1 card OS: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, System: X99 Motherboard, Core i7-6850K, GTX 1080 Ti, 32GB RAM... [view my complete system specs]
  • Fri, Sep 29 2017 2:46 PM In reply to

• fsm
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, Nov 24 2009
    • Germany
    • Posts 181
    • Points 2,195

Re: Deactivate Symphony?

iv'e a permanent MC & Symphony license, last month i've to grade on another MC without symphony option, i was able to deactivate my symphony option in the App manager on my system and activate on the other machine. its working for me.

MC 2021.12 & SYM / BM Monitor4K / Windows 11 (i know ...) 64 bit / i7 12700k / RTX3070 [view my complete system specs]
  • Mon, Oct 2 2017 7:56 PM In reply to

• wkumingo
    • Not Ranked
    • Chicago
    • Posts 184
    • Points 2,545

I guess I wasn't clear enough, I have a subscription licence. When I deactivate Symphony, Media Composer also deactivates. Reactivating MC reactivates Symphony. Even if I clear the System ID and actiavtion code from the Symphony fields, Symphony still automatically activates/deactivates along with Media Composer.

Anyone?

Self-built -- Always current MC version with AJA KONA 1 card OS: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, System: X99 Motherboard, Core i7-6850K, GTX 1080 Ti, 32GB RAM... [view my complete system specs]
  • Mon, Oct 2 2017 8:14 PM In reply to

Not to pass the buck, have you also tried calling support?

"When I spent 60k on a discreet edit digisuite system 10 years ago someone came up to me to offer fcp 2, I said it was a scam too." -Ric

• Tue, Oct 3 2017 1:15 AM In reply to

• wkumingo
    • Not Ranked
    • Chicago
    • Posts 184
    • Points 2,545

No I have not.

• Tue, Oct 3 2017 2:40 PM In reply to

• RalphC
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on Wed, Sep 2 2015
    • Posts 2,892
    • Points 31,995
    • Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Customer Service
      Avid Employee
      SystemAdministrator

Hi wkumingo, 

Email me with the MC Systems ID, I will help you with the problem.

Thanks,

RalphC

MacBook Pro 15 2018 Intel Core i7 2.6GHz Mac 10.15.7 Intel UHD 630. [view my complete system specs]
  • Thu, Oct 5 2017 6:24 PM In reply to

• wkumingo
    • Not Ranked
    • Chicago
    • Posts 184
    • Points 2,545

I contacted support and this is their response:

"The system ID you [are] using is actually a subscription version and it is designed to automatically activate the Symphony when Media Composer is activated. I'm afraid that there is no way to deactivate Symphony separately from Media Composer. Only the Perpetual license can have a separate activation between Media Composer and Symphony."

Who at Avid made this decision?

Why is Symphony listed separately with the word "option" alongside it when it's not really an option?

What do I do now that I have the need to deactivate it? 

p.s. Ralph- I sent you an email Tuesday evening using the "email" link on your user profile. It goes through some weird portal page. Not sure if you even received it?

• Fri, Oct 6 2017 4:17 PM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Avid
    • Posts 11,589
    • Points 256,040
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

You can also email me directly - see below

Marianna

Sr. Director | Customer Experience [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller