Latest post Wed, Aug 30 2017 11:18 PM by Spencer. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Wed, Aug 30 2017 9:05 PM

• Spencer
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Fri, Sep 7 2012
    • United States
    • Posts 6
    • Points 50

Media Composer – More Keyboard Assignable Functions

Currently on MC 8.8.5 at Sony Pictures editing on a half hour comedy series.

It appears we've lost the ability to bind the "set color" function in the Script Tool to the keyboard. You used to be able to do this, and it's a pretty crucial step in my AE's process. While we're on the subject, we should also be able to assign different colors of "set color" function to different keys, much the way you can with different marker colors. That's something that was never possible before, but would make the comedy television workflow SO MUCH EASIER! My AE would then be able to quickly mark something red for incomplete or purple for improv without having to manually mouse over to a new color each time they wanted to set a color in the script.

Also would love to be able to bind the function "Adjust pan/vols on track - in/out" from the fast menu (hamburger menu) of the Audio Mixer, or any of the items from that hamburger menu for that matter. I use this regularly to adjust chunks of dialogue (whole scenes that feel low, for instance), and having to mouse through the hamburger menu is slow.

Thanks,

Spencer

Avid Media Composer 2018.12 - 2013 Mac Pro - 6 Core - 32GB Ram - SSD Boot Drive [view my complete system specs]
  • Wed, Aug 30 2017 11:18 PM In reply to

• Spencer
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Fri, Sep 7 2012
    • United States
    • Posts 6
    • Points 50

Re: Media Composer – More Keyboard Assignable Functions

Whoops, forgot these details:

MC 8.8.5

Mac Pro (2009)

2 x 3.46 Ghz 6-Core Xeon

32GB Ram

OS X 10.1.5 (Yosemite)

Avid Media Composer 2018.12 - 2013 Mac Pro - 6 Core - 32GB Ram - SSD Boot Drive [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller