Latest post Tue, Aug 8 2017 8:18 PM by BobRusso. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Tue, Aug 8 2017 7:57 PM

"initBinIndexDone:GetResult() failed" and some issue

The situation is this:

Avid isis 5500 v.4.7.11

one mac pro 2017 with el capitan, new installation, clean and configured computer,

two iMac 27 ", new installation, all three computers have MC 8.5.3.

These:

when we create video material in nexis, one of the computer (client) with the same project is offline, only after several relink attempts are back online, all three machines have sudden crashes without any "fatal error", Sometimes we have this kind of error "initBinIndexDone:GetResult() failed"

What we tried:

Patch diag...no issue!

restart the Isis...same problem

clean database....same problem

clean project settings...same problem

verify client name...same problem

We've tested network cables...same problem

I think I've tried it all, Someone can give me an idea or help??thanks

HP Z820, 64Gb RAM 2x Nvidia K5000, AVID Artist DnXIO, MC 8.4, Mac Book Pro 15" [view my complete system specs]
  • Tue, Aug 8 2017 8:18 PM In reply to

Re: "initBinIndexDone:GetResult() failed" and some issue

Are you creating a Media Composer Project and storing it on a workspace? Do you then have other computers mount the workspace and open the project?

Each computer should be creating an editor specific folder for the media. If you look in the Avid MediaFiles Folder > MXF > nameofcomputer.1. Are you seeing these folders?

As far as the error, that sounds like the bin indexer is trying to write the database files and can't. In the Find window, you can change the location for the database files. The default is in the project, change this to a local drive.

While I don't think this is related, I encourage you to update to the NEXIS client that's available on the Avid Download Center.

https://www.youtube.com/avidevangelistbob [view my complete system specs]

-- Bob Russo Principal Product Designer for Broadcast Storage & Editor Products

Bob Russo on Expert Connections

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller