Latest post Sat, Jul 1 2017 5:01 PM by Massimiliano Sconda. 6 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Sat, Jul 1 2017 11:15 AM

Sync clips in MC First

Hello,

I just started using Media Composer with the First version.

I'm trying to create a multicam sequence consisting of three angles. My problem is that each angle is composed of separate clips and so I would like to know if it is possible to make a synchronization similar to what Rad Giant Plural Eyes software has in MC.

Thank you Smile

MC|First, Win 10, HP Envy dv6-7301el 4-Core 2.4Ghz Core i7 (Turbo Boost 3.3Ghz), 8GB ram, GeForce 635M 2GB, 5400rpm internal hard drive Western Digital... [view my complete system specs]
    Filed under: , ,
  • Sat, Jul 1 2017 12:34 PM In reply to

Re: Sync clips in MC First

Nope, not easily.  It's been on my feature suggestions list in Media Composer for years and I hope they implement it.

For now, we go to this very helpful blog post from 2008 - I think most of this should work in MC|First.  It's the technique I still use in MC.

https://viewfromthecuttingroomfloor.wordpress.com/2008/04/17/multigroups/

There are other third-party tools that do this for you, like SuperGrouper, but I don't know if they'd work with "First."

(SYSTEM 1) iMac Late 2012 27" (13,2), Mac OS X 10.12.6, Avid Media Composer 2018.10 w/Symphony, Intel Core i7 3.4 GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX... [view my complete system specs]
  • Sat, Jul 1 2017 12:49 PM In reply to

Thank you very much, you have been very kind

MC|First, Win 10, HP Envy dv6-7301el 4-Core 2.4Ghz Core i7 (Turbo Boost 3.3Ghz), 8GB ram, GeForce 635M 2GB, 5400rpm internal hard drive Western Digital... [view my complete system specs]
  • Sat, Jul 1 2017 2:30 PM In reply to

Don't forget any 3rd party tools that require you to export an AAF won't work with MC First as you can't export an AAF...

ACI Moderator. I'm not employed by Avid or work for them. I just do this in my spare time. Normally using the current Media Composer version on My... [view my complete system specs]

Broadcast & Post Production Consultant / Trainer  VET

T 07581 201248 | E pat@vet.co.uk | W www.vet.co.uk |

Media Composer V8.2 Review Background Render

-

Follow me on Twitter Pat_H_VET

• Sat, Jul 1 2017 3:06 PM In reply to

I know. In the end I resolved synchronizing with PluralEyes and exporting from Premiere Pro a DNxHD for each angle, leaving black where no clips were present.
  • Sat, Jul 1 2017 3:58 PM In reply to

I was surprised to see multicam looks to be supported in MC First. I'd expected that not to be the case but I'm currently playing a quad split source of 4 clips.

And you can group clips using the audio waveform analysis function.

ACI Moderator. I'm not employed by Avid or work for them. I just do this in my spare time. Normally using the current Media Composer version on My... [view my complete system specs]

Broadcast & Post Production Consultant / Trainer  VET

T 07581 201248 | E pat@vet.co.uk | W www.vet.co.uk |

Media Composer V8.2 Review Background Render

-

Follow me on Twitter Pat_H_VET

• Sat, Jul 1 2017 5:01 PM In reply to

I was also surprised at this. For a long time I wanted to learn how to use MC and this version has everything to do with it.
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller