Latest post Fri, Aug 24 2018 11:15 AM by Jonsas. 9 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Thu, Oct 6 2016 10:25 AM

• Otalia
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Mar 25 2015
    • Posts 4
    • Points 60

Can't import or quit application on 8.6.3

Hi,

Since I have updated to 8.6.3 I have a problem when I'am opening my projet :

Exception: VolListElement::IsVolWriteable() Bad path terminator

I have the same if I try to import media or if I just quit the application.

Any ideas?

Thanks a lot.

Regards.

Emmanuel

• Thu, Oct 6 2016 11:15 AM In reply to

• smyers63
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Feb 16 2006
    • Dallas, Texas
    • Posts 3,770
    • Points 44,485
    • Moderator: MCA PC

Re: Can't import or quit application on 8.6.3

Since the error mentions whether a volume is writeable, are your disk permissions set for read and write?

Sys. 1: Sony VAIO VPCF13UFX/B, Intel Core i7-740QM (1.73GHz), 4GB RAM, Windows 7 Home Premium (64-bit), Nvidia Geforce 310M, MC 8.7 Sys. 2: Acer Aspire... [view my complete system specs]

Scott

• Thu, Oct 6 2016 11:27 AM In reply to

• Otalia
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Mar 25 2015
    • Posts 4
    • Points 60

Thanks,

How can I set disk permissions? I 'an on Windows 10 and my project is on external drive.

• Thu, Oct 6 2016 1:06 PM In reply to

• smyers63
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Feb 16 2006
    • Dallas, Texas
    • Posts 3,770
    • Points 44,485
    • Moderator: MCA PC

Open "Computer" and right-click on one of your drives.  Click on Properties.  A dialog will open like in the screenshot (my screenshot is from W7).  Check the permissions for the administrator account and possibly also the user account you're logged in with while you're using MC.  Make sure that "Write" is enabled as one of the permissions for each of those accounts on all of your drives.  If it isn't for any of the drives for both your user account and administrator, click Edit and select the account to modify, then click the check box to enable Write.  Leave SYSTEM and Authenticated Users alone for the meantime.  Just check and change, if necessary, the administrator and user accounts.  Be sure to click OK or Apply to save the changes.  Do that for each drive and see if the trouble is gone.

Sys. 1: Sony VAIO VPCF13UFX/B, Intel Core i7-740QM (1.73GHz), 4GB RAM, Windows 7 Home Premium (64-bit), Nvidia Geforce 310M, MC 8.7 Sys. 2: Acer Aspire... [view my complete system specs]

Scott

• Wed, Aug 22 2018 2:38 PM In reply to

• Jonsas
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Sat, Aug 21 2010
    • Posts 5
    • Points 35

Hi!

I´m having similar problems. And I get the same message: VolListElement::IsVolWriteable() Bad path

I changed the permissions of every volume to every user.

I was unable to do so on our ISIS server, since there were no such properties. But the server seems to work just fine (at least on other work stations).

I reinstalled MC, but the problem remains. I´m unable to even launch MC, new projects or old ones.

Any ideas??

• Wed, Aug 22 2018 2:44 PM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Avid
    • Posts 10,168
    • Points 217,510
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

Jonas

Did you do any updates to the computer at all?  Windows updates or anything?  Is there any USB drives attached ????

Check the drives wth a drive utlity as a read/ write error on one of the drives - Can cause this.  If possible disconnect all drives except the internal and try it?

Marianna

Director of Online Communities and Forums/Customer Advocate [view my complete system specs]

marianna.montague@avid.com

mobile 813-493-6800

Twitter:  avidmarianna

Facebook: Marianna Montague

www.avidcustomerassociation.com   |  Connect 2019 | April 6-7 | Aria, Las Vegas, NV

WWLD

• Wed, Aug 22 2018 2:52 PM In reply to

• Jonsas
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 5
    • Points 35

Noup.

No windows updates or anything. I can still try to roll back to some restore points if it helps.

And no external harddrives attached.

hmm.. now I remember that someone installed western digital server hard drive utility software to that computer.. I try uninstalling it... Thanks!

• Wed, Aug 22 2018 3:18 PM In reply to

• Jonsas
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 5
    • Points 35

Ok... now it doesn´t look good...

This was the only work station that didn´t have the restore point activated, so I was not able to roll back a few weeks. I uninstalled WD software and unplugged the disk, but nothing. The error keeps on popping on the screen.

If I click fast enough (pressing ok on the error message), I´m able to see that the projects material is there, the ISIS server seems to work.

I try unplugging the internal hard drives next...

• Wed, Aug 22 2018 3:39 PM In reply to

• Jonsas
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 5
    • Points 35

Noup...

Now I unpugged all the drives (except the OS)... And still the same errors...

Any ideas?

• Fri, Aug 24 2018 11:15 AM In reply to

• Jonsas
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 5
    • Points 35

PROBLEM SOLVED!

..by creating another USER on WIN7... same admin rights etc.

Then you can delete the old user and let windows backup the user files (if any) to the new profile.

Page 1 of 1 (10 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller