Latest post Sun, Jul 24 2016 1:16 AM by AndrewAction. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Sun, Jul 24 2016 12:55 AM

• Marc_89
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Aug 4 2011
    • Posts 130
    • Points 1,750

Avid Trial Expired with certain Project

Hey community, 

I quickly needed to get MC on my new laptop and do something on the go.

I am using MC7 and OSX Mavericks and I have, always had, a bug where I can't deactivate my software...

So everytime I delete the computer I have to phone support to get the license deactivated.

I just quickly wanted to install Avid on my laptop so I used the 30 day trial.

But when opening my project, it said "This license has expired". I can make a new project and work on that though.

I know this is not what the trial is for, but i didn't want to have to call support to deactivate my license once again...

Deactivating it using the license tool and activating it on my laptop would be so easy... but it just doesn't work. I called support numerous times because of that.

So well... is this normal? Any way to make the trial work with my project?

Regards

Marc

*Media Composer Academic 8.2.0* on a Mac with OSX 10.9.5.* iMac late 2013 Intel Core i7 quad 3,5Ghz, 24Gb RAM, Nvidia GTX780M, Thunderbolt, USB 3.0 [view my complete system specs]
  • Sun, Jul 24 2016 1:16 AM In reply to

Re: Avid Trial Expired with certain Project

Marc_89:
    Any way to make the trial work with my project?
    Not as far as I know.  
    Avids policy it seems allows the trial licences to work on projects less than 30 days old. However it determines the number of days left in the trial by the days remaining until a project becomes 30 days old.

Marc_89:
    I can make a new project and work on that though.
    For up to 30 days

Marc_89:
    i didn't want to have to call support to deactivate my license once again...
    Sorry but you may have to. You could try emailing RalphC with your account details and see if he can assist during his weekend. (email contact available if you are logged in and select user RalphC)

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller